How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

sigridmoen

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey everybody,

We've made some changes backstage and right now if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here

You could also connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you decide to add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook one.

Last but not least, you can take a look at this Spotify Answer, if you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with!

Take care 😊

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

118 Replies

marvinrodri
Casual Listener

It is really BASIC. And stupid. Freaks me out.

pekosROB
Casual Listener

Seriously, Instagram and Twitter allow you to change it on the fly. Why can't we change it here??

MaryS
Roadie

@12153827970 @sigridmoen @efrat-mx @user-removed @user-removed

Hey guys, hope you all well 🙂

You can change your username by creating a new account with the username of your choice. Once you've done that, get in touch with Spotify Customer support and they can transfer everything over to your new username/account 🙂 

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi,

The proposed solution is not working anymore.

On account creation people are asked only about Display Name, which also will be impossible to change. Username is a generated sequence of digits and charactes, which is impossible to remember, email address is used for logging in.

Not sure that still many people consider that it's good idea to use Facebook account for authentication on other services, or even to have Facebook account at all.

As many people are using email addresses on free services it means that if their email address will be blocked they will be not able to use Spotify with username/password and change email address. The only posibility will be to contact support service and prove somehow that they are their accounts owners.

JoeTorr

Can they transfer followers as well?

Casual Listener

Nope they cant, but come on it is 2018 hahah.

djgg
Casual Listener

Hi. 

Alright, I can create a new account and really helpful to put my old playlist to my new one. But My old Spotify account has a nice link including my username and my new account has a really ugly randomly created (letters, numbers) username. I hate it. 

How to get the new account link including my username as my old account?

I don't want to use a link with randomly created letters and numbers.

Thank you.

HaoleLongpig

Seems a little bas-akwards....   You guys have an IPO coimg up...I hope you address this rather major bug soon...

MagdaKild

And how do I get in contact with Spotify customer support?

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @MagdaKild

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

IvorySkye

That is untrue. At least presently. I tried that alrady and when you're creating a new account there ISN'T an option to create your own username, Spotify assigns you one automatically, and yes, it is one of those ridicuous ones!!

i_hanjo

what is the costmer sevice number then but when i try to look it up everywhere it says the is now number

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @i_hanjo

To get in touch with them, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosRock Star 24

Smashfan05

I would like to make a new account with the same email, but a different username. Can you delete my account, then transfer data to the new one?

5na1l

MariaKolås

And how can we do that when you don't allow us to make a new accont with the same e-mail address? 

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @MariaKolås,

It would be best if you used a different email address to create the new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

Kekka2

Not posible! Only option is to scrap your emailadress, get in contact with your email provider, then Spotify to remove your account, and start all over....

The reason is that Spotify has made "username"  as key - Stupid! Looking forward to GDPR!!!! May2018! Then Spotify will HAVE to Comply!!

Rumielf
Regular

Considering that I had someone hack my account over the weekend (I reset everything today), how likely is it they could create a new account and pretend to be me to have the details transferred to a new username that I wouldn't be able to access? 

Sorry, I'm suddenly paranoid after this. Particularly since they also sent a password reset request after I changed things and logged out of all devices. 

noideaaa
Casual Listener

My spotify is linked to my FB and I have a lot of playlists and a few followers. I addition to having a premium account set up for me without having to give out the cc details (it was a gift subscription) how the heck am I going to move everything over just as it is for the sake of a username change?!?

MaryS
Roadie

Hey @noideaaa

Spotify Customer Support are super nice and friendly and can move your music etc over to your new account. You can get in touch with them through the online form or if you have a Twitter account, feel free to tweet @SpotifyCares at anytime 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS