How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How can i change my my spotify username?

You can delete your current account to free up your email and then make another account with your same email address

Highlighted

Has anyone found a solution to this? Can't change username. Can't even use the name I signed up with 😞

Highlighted

Casual Listener

"Tiddlewig

3 weeks ago

You can delete your current account to free up your email and then make another account with your same email address"

and lose all your saved albums and playlists.. great idea.. How hard can it be Spotify?!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

evil elmo.gif
Highlighted

Seems a little bas-akwards....   You guys have an IPO coimg up...I hope you address this rather major bug soon...

Highlighted

Regular

[Comment deleted]

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hi, I also have the problem of needing to change my username as I somehow have ended up with a username with about 26 random letters and a couple of numbers thrown in, don’t know how I managed that but I am not going to use it every time I sign in. 

I see the best answer by Mary was to create a new account but that didn’t work for me, it says my email is already in use and won’t let me proceed.

any other ideas?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Vote for change your username is an option, in this way Spotify will notice
it better. you can vote over here
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idc-p/4432013#M147202
besides
that you can create a new mail and in this way make a new account.
Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @omuapuxeigjfc9w

That string of characters is your actual Spotify username, which may have been assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Fortunately, they aren't something you need to remember, since you can simply sign in with your email address.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself after a little while with your name.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS