Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i change the location on which Spotify bases the recommended Concerts?

Solved!

How can i change the location on which Spotify bases the recommended Concerts?

I have a premium account and I noticed in the last email with recommended concerts for me, that they were all based on a city I lived in from 2018 to 2020. I would like to change this to my current location but the help pages like https://support.spotify.com/de/article/country-region-settings/ are extremely unhelpful. Does anyone know where this is possible? I can't believe Spotify would make it unable to control this so there must be a way. Right now the feature is useless to me...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tonyman3000 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You should be able to change it to the desired country/city in the app by going to Search > Concerts and then choosing your current location. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

From your Spotify home screen, click on 'Search' as if you were going to look for a new artist.

Then in the Icons list, scroll down past 'Browse All' you will see 'Live Events'. Click on that.

At the top you will see the name of the city/location currently selected. Click on the city and you will see a black screen with the word 'Search' at the top.  Click on 'Search' then start typing your city until it shows up in the list below.

Click on your city and you should be good to go (it worked for me anyway...).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Tonyman3000 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You should be able to change it to the desired country/city in the app by going to Search > Concerts and then choosing your current location. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

From your Spotify home screen, click on 'Search' as if you were going to look for a new artist.

Then in the Icons list, scroll down past 'Browse All' you will see 'Live Events'. Click on that.

At the top you will see the name of the city/location currently selected. Click on the city and you will see a black screen with the word 'Search' at the top.  Click on 'Search' then start typing your city until it shows up in the list below.

Click on your city and you should be good to go (it worked for me anyway...).

Good luck!

This doesn't work for some cities.

For example, entering in major cities like San Francisco, CA or Charlotte, NC updates the search, but choosing the option for Charleston, SC does not cause the page to update.

Is there any way to fix this?

Why does Spotify give the option for some locations if you cannot select them? This is a poor user experience.

this worked for me, from the Desktop App, though I'm unsure if this will persist through to the Push notifications from mobile app that I get. Agree this feature is effectiely useless if it doesnt, AND i really dont understand why they bury it in here - would've guessed (and indeed frantically searched through) this could be configured from my Account page, like a "city to use for concerts" 

I tried changing my city in Search > Live events but the next time I go there it resets to my previous city again.

How do I do this on Spotify web and Spotify mobile? There is nothing at the bottom past the “Browse All” sections.

It doesn't stay set.  I get concerts for New York. I set it to Washington DC. Coming back to concerts it's back to New York.

Hey @SantaJerry,

What devices does this occur on? Could you share the exact version of Spotify you're running? A short screen recording which captures the behavior in action would also be greatly appreciated.

It's worth logging out and signing back in to your account twice in a row - this triggers an internal refresh of the app that may help here. You can also try a clean reinstall of the app.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mine is currently set to the correct city but I still get notifications for the previous city I lived in.

Plan

Premium

Looking at the concert listings for big cities like London I am only about to see a couple months out because the number of concerts is so great. How can I see the complete list of concerts? Any ideas?

Suggested posts