How do I add a family member that does not have an e-mail address?

Solved!

How do I add a family member that does not have an e-mail address?

Shilka
Regular

I just upgraded my premium to a family account so my kid and I both can listen to spotify at the same time. He is only a small child so he does not have his own e-mail adress, how can I make him a seperate acount? I only have one e-mail address available and it's already used for my own account, I can't seem to make a second account on the same e-mail adress. Nowhere in the upgrading to family information was mentioned that every family member would need a seperate e-mail address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How do I add a family member that does not have an e-mail address?

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hey @Shilka again, 

I spoke with some of the community moderators over at Spotify. Here are some of the things that we came up with about your issue.

According to the terms and conditions, users need to be 13 years and above. Every user also needs to have their own email address. There is no other way.

We found there's an email service for kids. https://www.kidsemail.org/

There's a dozen of other services that do the same thing as well. If you're acceptable to creating emails for your kids that way not to be a solution out of this. But unfortunately there is no way to use an email for multiple accounts there's just no exception.

Best, 

Jack :) 

JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 3
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
9 Replies

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hey @Shilka thanks for reaching out to the community with your query.

Unfortunately you need an email to create a Spotify account. Never fear if you dont want them having an email, you can attempt a work email address or create one at your discretion under your name. 

Let me know what you do,

JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 3

Shilka
Regular

Unfortunately, my whole family uses the same e-mail account. I thought spotify family was a solution to not being able to have multiple accounts on the same e-mail, else I would have had 3 seperate premium accounts allready, shame this isn't so.  I have reverted back to premium and will have to call the one month upgrade a loss then. Shame I did not get properly informed beforehand. He will have to wait untill he moves out of the house untill he can listen to spotify then.

Shilka
Regular

OK, so I have to conclude that the only way to get spotify family working for under age family members is to commit identity fraud with e-mail accounts?

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hey again @Shilka

Sorry to hear about that. You can create an account only using an email address or a Facebook account. Of course if they are below the age of eighteen they need an account with a parents agreement. If your still have questions on. How to create an account check out this article.

Best,

JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 3

Shilka
Regular

I'm sorry jack, I know you are trying your best to help but I still don't see a solution to my problem. My entire family uses our family e-mail, me, my wife and my child. When it try to make an account for them I only get the message, "this e-mail adress is already in use", but they don't have an account, how do I get them added and get what I paid for? It said I would would get spotify for all my family members, but it won't let me make an account for them.

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hey @Shilka

Yeah I understand totally what you're saying. You cannot use the same email for multiple accounts, you must have a separate email for each. I know that might seem hard, but you also have the option of using facebook. Again sorry about the confusion on the Spotify marketing, but to create the accounts for your family members you must have seperate emails for each. 

Jack 

JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 3

Shilka
Regular

It sure is confusing, it sais they the only requirement is that your family members need to live on the same adress, then after paying I get notified that there are more requirements which I don't meet. I do not have facebook. Thank you for trying to help me, it looks like my family members are unable to get a spotify account as long as we live together as a family and share our family e-mail as intended and my money was taken in vain.

Solution!

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hey @Shilka again, 

I spoke with some of the community moderators over at Spotify. Here are some of the things that we came up with about your issue.

According to the terms and conditions, users need to be 13 years and above. Every user also needs to have their own email address. There is no other way.

We found there's an email service for kids. https://www.kidsemail.org/

There's a dozen of other services that do the same thing as well. If you're acceptable to creating emails for your kids that way not to be a solution out of this. But unfortunately there is no way to use an email for multiple accounts there's just no exception.

Best, 

JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 3

Shilka
Regular

Thank you Jack for going the length like this. Unfortunately I do not have any of the payment options available listed at kidsemail. It does not really matter because it turns out my son will have to wait for quite a few more years anyway before he will be able to meet the terms and conditions about minimum age anyway. Of course he can listen under my account under my supervison anyway, but it really messes with my recommended music, which I use a lot for discovering new music and artists, so that's why I really would like seperate accounts for everyone. I have marked your reply as best answer, thanks for going through the all the trouble.

SUGGESTED POSTS