Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I avoid others in my house to have access to my Spotify playlists?

Solved!

How do I avoid others in my house to have access to my Spotify playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! 

Have you tried making your playlist 'secret'? If you haven't to do this via PC - Right click the playlist from the menu on the left > Left click on 'secret'. Via Android - Tap on Library > Playlists > On the Playlist you want secret, tap on the 3 dots on the right and tap on secret. 

I have not tried this on iOS and OSX but I would imagine they are similar to the steps above. 

Happy listening! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! 

Have you tried making your playlist 'secret'? If you haven't to do this via PC - Right click the playlist from the menu on the left > Left click on 'secret'. Via Android - Tap on Library > Playlists > On the Playlist you want secret, tap on the 3 dots on the right and tap on secret. 

I have not tried this on iOS and OSX but I would imagine they are similar to the steps above. 

Happy listening! 

Hi there
Thank you for the good advice. I have an iPhone on which it works the same as you explained.
Great that this support platform exists.

Hi 

I hope I dont bother you too much but the problem is still existing and i am getting desperate.  As I told you last time I made my playlists secret / private but I now notice that 

my mother is accessing my Spotify playists through her Sonos App on her ipad. She has a proper Spotify App on her ipad but for some reason her Sonos app always uses (and has access to) my Spotify account and my playlists.   

And in my Spotify the music she plays on Sonos appears as 'played music' in my spotify.

I have tried everything as far as I now to stop this but I deed not succeed. It is tremendously irritating.

Please help (-:

Patrick

Suggested posts