Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change my Spotify Zip Code (Postal Code)?

How do I change my Spotify Zip Code (Postal Code)?

On the 'Edit your profile' page I do not see an option to change my Postal Code. How do I change it?

15 Replies

Hello!

If you're on Spotify on your desktop computer, go to your account settings.

This should open your browser to your account overview. From there select "Edit profile" on the black menu bar, and there should be a place to edit your zip code.

Hope this helps!

In my profile I see my old Zip Code. When I click on the Edit Profile button beneath it, the only items it lets me change are Mobile phone number, Mobile phone, Mobile service provider, and Share my registration data. There is no place for me to change my Zip Code.

First you go to this link here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

Once you access the page listed above - you will see an overview of your account and in the fields below, you will see your profile details, including your postal code. From here you can modify the postal code as you wish. Maybe this will help with any billing issues you might have  encountered as the credit card info is usually confirmed/verified by one's postal code. Let me know if you need any further assistance and I will promptly advise. 

Username

Email

***@gmail.com

Date of birth

Country

US

Postal code

This is false. I challenge you to go do what you just suggested he do and record it. You will see you are incorrect. You shouldn't answer things when your info is wrong.

I'm ecountering the same issue. I originally created my account in Chicago, but now I'm based in Brazil and I think this bit of information is preventing me from getting added on a family plan. Were you able to find a solution to this issue yet?

Of course not. This was useless.

I am having the same issue as below and this is also preventing me from setting up Family Sharing. Please see the screen shot attached to show you that the zip code is unable to be edited in the profile section. Please can we get this problem resolved?

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.22.04.png

This is useless, spotify dont care about you. Spotify only care about your money.

Hey @JAYAC,

What you have is a Facebook-created Spotify account. Spotify accounts created using Facebook (and not directly via the website) will not have the option to change some profile information. See the error message above the screenshot.

Prior to recent events, whatever you change on Facebook will also change the one on your Spotify profile. Since Facebook made some tweaks to their policies and procedures, all apps using it are also affected.

The good news is that you can always reach out to the Spotify support team by going here or emailing them directly. They can make the needed changes for you.

Hopefully this helped. (If it did, marking this as a "solution" will make it easier for others with the same issues to find).

Keep rocking! Regards.

Hey @belltown,

Please provide a screenshots of the Account Overview or Edit Profile pages? We can see what's really going on using those. It will really help if we have visuals 🙂

It might be that your account is also Facebook-created. Please see my reply to another user on this discussion. Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards,

Hey @rocketkid91,

This option is only available for Spotify accounts created directly using the Spotify website. If an account is created using Facebook, some options will not really show.

For more information, please see my other replies to several other users in this discussion 🙂

Hope this helps.

The option to change your postal code does not seem to be there in my profile.  I am not sure if they removed it or it just hasn't been set because their selector keeps picking some other postal code.

Hey man @JimBeam1, 

Yeah, I think Spotify removed it by design. Generally, it has no bearing to the overall integrity of the account. It will only matter if you're on Premium. I think it's based on the address Spotify is provided by the issuing bank, so still something happening behind the scenes. 

If you really need to have it added, you can contact their Support Team so they can add it manually.

Happy Holidays, brotha! 🙂

Hey all,

Great to see you helping each other out 🙂

I'm just jumping in to quickly confirm that there isn't an option to change the zip code in your account whether it's created through Facebook or directly through Spotify's website. 

If you need it changed or are having any issues because of it, feel free to reach out to support as @user-removed suggested.

Happy holidays to all!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

What is postal code? I tried ro purchase the 7 days plan worth 25 rupees Spotify gave 2 options paytm or upi i don't have any online payment app so i called my friend he had Google pay But it asked for postal code. Me and my friend never even heard of postal code in our life time. Than i tried to find out what is postal code where can i find it. Some of the solution says that postal code could be found in edit profile but there is nothing such as postal code.

So, what is postal code where can I find postal code why postal code is needed ? 

Suggested posts