Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change my country if I don't have a credit card?

Solved!

How do I change my country if I don't have a credit card?

Hey,

Now that Spotify is finally available in Germany, I'd like to get in on it. The problem I currently have is that my profile says I reside in the UK. This is not, strictly speaking, true, and thus Spotify won't let me log in.

So I tried to change it. But I can't, because you need a valid payment option to do so. This is weird, considering the free plan exists.

Apparently I don't have a valid payment option. I have a PayPal account all right, but apparently that doesn't count if I don't have a credit card. This rules out options #1 and #2 (PayPal, and credit card), and #3 is something I never heard of and don't particularly want.

How would I go about updating my country and postal code?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey lunboks, welcome to the Community.

We'll drop you an email on this, as there's a few things we need to confirm.

If anyone else also has this problem please just get in touch with us through our contact form, which you can find by clicking on About Us at the top of this page.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey lunboks, welcome to the Community.

We'll drop you an email on this, as there's a few things we need to confirm.

If anyone else also has this problem please just get in touch with us through our contact form, which you can find by clicking on About Us at the top of this page.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Edit: Disregard this post, I'd delete it if I could.

Thank you!

Suggested posts