How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Solved!

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

ChillzHD

How do i find a facebook dood without a facebook account

Highlighted

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Peter__
Community Legend

@ChillzHD wrote:

How do i find a facebook dood without a facebook account

You need to know their numerical username, and then search for it using:

spotify:user:USERNAME

If you are in this situation, since you will need to ask them for that anyways, it is normally easier to just ask them to send you a link (Right click > Copy HTTP link) to one of their playlists, since you can easily follow the links to their own profile from that. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

pickibro
Casual Listener

I think everyone would agree; If you don't have a Facebook account, than the solutions proposed by Spotify are only workarounds. Basically, Spotify didn't engineer their software for Spotify users. They engineered it for Facebook users. So us people who don't have Facebook have a considerably crappier experience. This is not a mistake. It's by design. And I obviously do not agree with the design, which I believe is quite subpar on this particular point.

GEddieGuidry

Remove the brackets

telarroja
I cant get spotify to look up users on my mobil premium subscription.Always says please try another search. How do I fix this?

Peter__
Community Legend

@telarroja wrote:
I cant get spotify to look up users on my mobil premium subscription.Always says please try another search. How do I fix this?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

To my knowledge the spotify:user:USERNAME search only works on the desktop client (and maybe iPad? not sure!). 

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an alternative search for usernames on mobile devices.

Peter

Peter

whosPink

Where do I find the numeric user name?

Spoiler

Peter__
Community Legend

@whosPink wrote:

Where do I find the numeric user name?

Spoiler

It is shown on your online overview :) 

Peter

Peter

Re: How do I find a friend on spotifuggle if I have their email address but they are not on Faceable?

Zmarvel95

Thank you!!!!:) you made my day! That problem really disturbed me until I red your comment, thanks!!! I didn't´t find my friend who hasn't´t facebook but now I have find her:) I mean the comment from David, comment number two

gr33nmind
Roadie

I have gotten friend requests from losts of other non premium users, so I'm fairly sure that me not being a premium user has nothing to do wt my ability wt sending out friend requests. How do you send out friend requests?

SUGGESTED POSTS