How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Solved!

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Joe
Community Legend

Your account is linked to facebook and you search for facebook friends differently. Type your facebook name into the main search bar and it appears in the results list. "spotify:user:username" is used to search for accounts not linked to facebook.

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

rreboto
Regular

How about replacing `spotify:user:[username]` with @[username] ?

Peter__
Community Legend
I guess that would make sense, might be worth suggesting it over on the Ideas Exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

It would require a little code to do the translation in the background, as spotify:user:username is actually the identifier for the page, similar to identifiers for tracks.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

rreboto
Regular

Replicant07
Casual Listener
I love spotify but they do make some things very difficult when they could be so so easy... i cant add my friends and i have premium. Very annoying. Come in Spotify. Sort it out.

Peter__
Community Legend
@Replicant07 - I put together a tutorial with all of the methods to find friends which may help:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Tutorial-Finding-Friends-All-Methods/bc-p/423...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

raypletts

Don't use the brackets [ ]. It should work.

PalmerGranite

As a non-facebook user, I was able to find a friend this way, THANK YOU!

covinojrose

Since I do not have facebook this was very helpful!

spotifyuset
It worked for me, just paste "spotify:user:" in the search engine and directly after that (without a space or { in between,) enter their username. it worked when I did it!
SUGGESTED POSTS