Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find the username (random letters/numbers) not my display name of my account?

How do I find the username (random letters/numbers) not my display name of my account?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to let my younger brother use my Spotify premium account on his cellphone and I've given him my email and password already but it doesn't seem to work for him. Every time he tries to log in, all it does is tell him that it's an incorrect combination of username/email and password and sends me an email with a link to log in that way, even though I've double-checked it and the information is correct. I've read somewhere that the username on your profile is just your display name and your actual username is just random letters and numbers, but I don't know how to find that username.

Does anybody know how to find that random letter and numbers username? Or does anybody know any other workaround?

I read that in order to log in on the same account, you need to be on the same wi-fi network or something which might be hard because I've moved out and no longer live with the family. But he's my younger brother and he isn't able to work, so he doesn't have the means to buy his own premium account, so I don't mind him using mine and want him to be able to use mine, if anybody can help me or solve this issue, it would be much appreciated, thank you!!

1 Reply

Hey @lawless-117 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You should be able to find your username at https://spotify.com/account 🙂

I'd also like to let you know that a Premium account is intended for single-user usage only, not multiple.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts