Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get 2 profiles going???

How do I get 2 profiles going???

Premium Plan.  USA. 2 Iphones.

My Question or Issue

How can I set up two different profiles under one account?

Essentially, I want a Spotify profile that I can use on my phone at work while my Partner uses their spotify profile at home.

Please Help!

10 Replies

Hi there,

You'll need two different accounts. I recommend you to sign up for the  Premium for Family Plan if you'd like to have Premium on both accounts.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hi! 

I have the family plan.

I just don't know how to access the different profiles.

To be able to access the different profiles, you'll need two different accounts.

This article here will be able to assist you to invite the other profile to the Family Plan so you and your partner can enjoy the plan!

If you still need help, please, let me know 🙂

Hello,

I'm a teacher of art and I use spotify during education to calm kids. But when I'm listening my music at privacy,there accidentally appears kids music Which disturbs me...also because spotify is really clever,music styles that it absorbs during art lesson Inserts spotify to my music style..but I don't like it so.. Do you have any advice for me to I can switch between profile or something else? I can't pay another account..

Hey @Dadin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

In Spotify you can use just 1 profile at the time as it's a streaming online service. However, you have a couple options to try.

First, we'd recommend activating the Private Session during the time you're listening to music out of your taste (like meditation, mantras, nature sounds, etc). To do so, just open your setting in the top right corner of your app on the home screen and toggle on the option Private Session. This will allow you to still be online streaming the music, but without affecting your listening history. You can find more info here.

The second option is to create a new account with a different email and use it during the school sessions. Keep in mind that you'll have to log out from your current account and log in the new one every time you want to change accounts on your device.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I find this very user unfriendly. A very bad User Experience. And the reasons you mention why it is not possible does not make any sense.

We have a 2 year old and we play kids music all the time on our Spotify Accounts. 
We will not set up a separate account for our kid, because it is too much work for us to logout and login all the time to switch (very bad ux).

Instead, millions of people would wish you would have build the switch profile feature, like Netflix / Amazon Prime and others have build. In this way you can switch very quickly between profiles.

Please consider this feature!

Chris

Hey @cbakker,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from and we value all your feedback. We'd like you to know another user had a similar request, so they posted this idea about it.

Even though the status is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Use the browser with a separate account

So the idea from another user you mentioned is from 2016 and the update is from 2019. Is there anything new? Did you thought about implement this feature? To make (and pay) a seperate Account for children who cannot use spotify themselfes (3 and 5 years old - they cannot read and write) is very unnecessary and disappointing. And it has a touch of rip-off. I already have a Duo Premium for me and my wife and we do not want to log in and out everytime the children want to hear something. Netflix and Co offers this function as a standard.

Suggested posts