How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Solved!

How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Music Fan
‎2013-10-13 04:56 AM

I was wondering because I didn't want my spotify to be connected with my Facebook and if I delete it then my playlists will come down with it. I didn't wanted to drap each individual song to copy it. Was wondering if there was a shortcut for this.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
52 people liked this

Re: How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Rock Star
‎2013-10-13 08:23 AM

Hi, and welcome to the community!

There are 2 ways:

1) Press follow on their playlist. This will create a playlist on your account identical to their playlist, and it will also update when they add/remove/move songs around the playlist.

2) Create an empty playlist. Click on a song in their playlist then press Ctrl+A. Drag and drop them into your empty playlist (or into the playlist you want them in). Note this will not update when they add/remove/move songs.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Re: How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Edited
Concert Regular
‎2014-07-04 02:41 PM
4 Replies
52 people liked this

Rock Star
‎2013-10-13 08:23 AM

Hi, and welcome to the community!

There are 2 ways:

1) Press follow on their playlist. This will create a playlist on your account identical to their playlist, and it will also update when they add/remove/move songs around the playlist.

2) Create an empty playlist. Click on a song in their playlist then press Ctrl+A. Drag and drop them into your empty playlist (or into the playlist you want them in). Note this will not update when they add/remove/move songs.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Edited
Concert Regular
‎2014-07-04 02:41 PM
1 person liked this

Festival VIP
‎2015-03-05 07:56 PM

This really needs to be built in right-click menu for the web browser!

Sadly #2 doesn't work on the web player or Android. Any other ideas? Same thing with the Chrome addon, only works with desktop app.

Music Fan
‎2016-10-16 08:38 AM

Another option which might work for certain situations is (after you have followed the person and added their playlist to your playlists) have the playlist originator change the setting to "collaborative playlist" Using this feature you can both add or delete tracks from the same playlist. May not suit all people but does work.

SUGGESTED POSTS