Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I make my profile public so that anyone can see my playlists?

How do I make my profile public so that anyone can see my playlists?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I would like to make my profile public so that anyone can search for my profile name and see my public playlists.  My profile name is "Art Gnuvo" but when I do a search for that name I get "No results found"  When I search or a friends profile, "rjs2184", his profile pops right up along with his 34 public playlists.  I have checked my settings and as best I can tell, they are the same as his.  Why does his profile show up in the search but not mine?

10 Replies

Hey @ArtGnuvo ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Not all profiles show up in Search right away, it depends on many factors such as the follower count.

You can share your profile following the steps listed in this support article: https://support.spotify.com/article/find-and-share-your-profile/.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately that article does not appear to address the problem at hand - How to enable my profile to show up in search results when other users try to find it.

Hey again @ArtGnuvo ,

There's no way to 'enable' this. As mentioned previously, it depends on many factors such as the follower count.

MaximSpotify Star

Ok, say you have no followers: can you share a URL of your Spotify profile so that they may find it?

Hey @FreemanMusicLover ,

Of course you can! 🙂 Check this out: https://support.spotify.com/article/share-from-spotify/.

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star

It worked! Thank you!!!

So if you made account but you and others can't see it then is there any other way to gain a following so that you can see it? (also sorry about the angry looking letters i don't know what that is about)

Hi ArtGnuvo,

I have searched your name online and I was able to find your name. Do not fret or panic

stripes-thesleepybadger💤

Hi, my friend and I are wondering how to make ur profile public?? to see like ur followers, playlists, etc. Settings doesn't have that option anymore so I'm left confused

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

@Sophie66, there's no way to speed up the process, so no need to take any extra steps. Your profile will eventually appear in the search results.

@souless_, the setting Show your follower and following list on your profile should still be available in the Privacy & Social tab in Settings on both the desktop and mobile apps. If you don't see it on one device, simply try a different one.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts