Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I permanently delete my Spotify account?

Solved!

How do I permanently delete my Spotify account?

I recently canceled my my premium subscription and would like to permanently delete my Spotify account. As expected, Spotify does not provide ANY help on how to do this. And I can not find an answer in the forums either. I have sent Spotify an e-mail with this question but from everything I have read on other websites Spotify is horrible about answering, especially when it comes to deleting the account. Anyone who knows how to go about this please reply 🙂

66 Replies

Sam I would like to delete my account and I've tried sending the contact form but I keep getting this error message; 

504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time.

No matter what I do it keeps showing up. I set up my account when living in Belgium, now that im home in Ireland it has stopped working and the only way to use it again would be to pay to change my location just so I can listen to music that I can listen to on Youtube for free. I much prefer Spotify but I'm not paying to listen to music.

Please delete my account.

Hi Gretta- I can confirm that your account has now been deleted. 

At the moment I'm afraid Spotify isn't availalbe in the Republic of Ireland. We do plan to be available in as many countries as possible moving forward, although we can't say when this will be. 

Please keep checking back to the Spotify blog for updates on when we will be available in different countries.

Thank you.

Why these days someone use a YouTube for music? Inb my opinion, soon two year Premium customer, Premium fee isn't much for music I listen everyday. To be honest, in my listening time my Spotify music is "free". And yes, Spotify is fast to use, all my music I like in Spotify, playlists, radio... all you need in one price. Thank you.

Youtube doesn't require a Facebook account. That's quite an advantage.

Yes, but you can use alternative services. YouTube is for video, it's not music player. At least I do not know why to use YouTube as music player.

Hey there, unlike the forum I do not want to delete my account.

I set up spotify free while in sweden. I live in australia and it has just arrived here. I want to use my facebook details to login but I am still registered in sweden so it thinks im abroad.

How do I change this? Can you please delete my account so I can start again or change my region to Australia.

I have tried paying for the premium but it wont let me because my cc cards are Australian..

HELP!!

I have already sent an email. just thought i could get through this way as well

Lachy - That's ideal! You'll be able to change the country in your account with that Australian credit card, so you won't lose any of your music. The card is needed to verify your country, so having an Australian card is perfect. Just head here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Once it's all changed over, you should be good to go.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I would also like to see my currently connected Facebook account to be disconected. So I can connect another Facebook account without losing all my playlists & apps. The Facebook account which I use now is retired.

Could you fix that for me?

Thx! 

Sam- I want to delete my account. I just got it today and I think it was using the 30 day free trial. I unsubscribed and it said it will stop after 6/22/12 and then go to the free soitify mode how do I delete it? Please help

@GSIMP3 wrote:

Sam- I want to delete my account. I just got it today and I think it was using the 30 day free trial. I unsubscribed and it said it will stop after 6/22/12 and then go to the free soitify mode how do I delete it? Please help

Hey,

Can I ask why you do not want to use a Free Spotify? Is there any thing Spotify can do better?

However, you can delete your account. Sadly there is no option to do it itself. However, just pop message to Spotify via Contact form with details. If you get a automatical response where you are forced to go to this Community to search answer, just ignore this message, and reply to it. Spotify can then answer to you.

Hi, I would like to permanently delete my spotify account but there isn't any helpful information on your website on how to do this and I tried adding ".del" to the end of my email address but it wouldn't let me seeing as my email is the same as my facebook one so it wouldn't let me edit it. I'm not on any premium or anything, just free spotify and I don't wish to upgrade but it's told me I can only listen to ten hours of music a month. So because of this I'd like to delete my account, Thanks.

118169751 - Looks as if it was sorted after you emailed in. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Can you delete my account please? Thank you !

Please can you delete my account ? Thanks ....

Sam , please help me to delete my account, I accidentally made one via facebook , I do not wish to have one .... I am worried that I will have to start making payments ! Please delete my account ASAP ! Thanks very much !

Elsamelsa - No need to triple post - I'll pop all your messages together.

If you wish to have your account deleted, we'd need to confirm some details, so the best thing to do is email in directly. Scroll up and click on "About Us" then click on "contact form" - We should be able to sort this out for you.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Sorry, I was panicking a bit , I have sent you a message through the contact form but I have not recieved a reply !

Can you guys please delete the account im writting from right now?!

Could you spotify people please delete my spotify account.

My username is mr.bigs

could you send me a e-mail when you have deleted it, my e-mail is: lazmask@hotmail.com.

Thank You. 🙂

Suggested posts