Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to remove a credit card from my payment details.

There is no option to delete a card on the Payment Details page. I added a new card for payment and want to delete my old card so that it is no longer charged.
14 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

The payment method associated with your subscription will be removed when your subscription ends. You can see how to cancel here.

If you've updated your payment method here, it automatically replace the previous payment method, so there's no need to take any further action. 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is not helpful. Regardless of the fact that the payment method for the subscription has been changed, there should definitely be an option to remove old payment methods. This is a huge oversight for spotify, and a feature that most customer-friendly sites and apps have.

Hey @TheShiniestOne,

Thanks for reaching out.

I personally don't see any benefit in adding such an option, since the old payment method gets removed when a subscription ends or when the payment method gets updated. 🙂 But feel free to submit your idea at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas.

MaximSpotify Star

I agree with Newbie. I just googled how to remove payment method and I am also frustrated I cannot remove my old payment method. 

Yeah, this is flat out unacceptable. Maybe not slimy enough for others to downgrade to free and jump ship, but enough for me. Hope this changes, but I'm sure they have the numbers to not care, which is unfortunate.

Yes

There is a place called "Saved payment cards" under "Payment." You can click the card you want to remove here and remove it. Hope this helps!

Hey @lighthousetwin10,

Keep in mind that that's not the payment method associated with the subscription. It's only used for other purchases 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I updated my card information first and then removed the old one. It no longer shows up as an option so as far as I'm concerned I removed the old one. It is technically the same card, just new expiration date and CVV

I'm getting nagged by Spotify by email  that my payment method is not working anymore, click here to rectify! As this could be a scam I decided to go into the app - unfortunately when I go to my saved credit card details it's locked, so I can't check to see what card is being used! All I can do is add another card. I'll now have to wait and see if my account subsequently closes. Very frustrating! I've never had this problem with any other streaming service.

Pretty bad replies by Maxim. Don't answer the question and only try to defend Spotify for something they don't need to be defended for. If the "Spotify Star" really really knew what he was talking about he would have replied what Lighthousetwin10 replied as that was the answer to the question asked. What do they do, attack commenter and defend spotify. Ridiculous. Can we report "Spotify Stars"?

I went to the spotify website on a laptop. I went to profile in the upper right corner, and selected account. I scrolled down halfway and selected "Saved Payment Cards." I clicked the three dots to the left of the last 4 digits of the card and had the option to "remove saved card." I hope this helps.

Rosie20,

Thank you!!! This is the answer everyone is looking for. I was trying to delete an old card I no longer have access to. Your answer helped me. Worked beautifully. Thank you, I appreciate it! 😊

Suggested posts