How do I remove my Credit Card Information off Spotify? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

How do I remove my Credit Card Information off Spotify? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Emo_Hobo
If I go to account details and payment options it just shows the card, no option to remove it, I am not subscribed to anything and I don't want my Credit Card Information on there.
16 Replies

Flixx

Hi @Emo_Hobo and welcome to the Spotify Community.

To remove your card you have to log in at spotify.com and go to the Account page. Click on "Manage subscriptions and payment" and then "Change payment method or card details" or directly click on the link.

At that point you can remove your creditcard or change your payment method.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Emo_Hobo
I don't see an option to remove the credit card on either of those screens, I picked and I see the option to pay with a credit card, but no option to remove an existing card. I want it off there.

Flixx

Hi, can you attach a screenshot so I can try to help you more?

Kind regards,
Felix

Flixx
I forgot to ask something. Are you really sure there's not active subscription? If you have an active subscription you won't be able to remove your creditcard unless you've choosen another payment method (PayPal for example).
Kind regards,
Felix

Emo_Hobo
I don't think I'm an active subscriber, I used a prepaid card to get premium, but I had to give them Credit Card Information, I planned to remove it after the first month if I didn't really want it, which I don't, so I'd like to remove my credit card subscription.

Flixx

To be sure you are not an active subscriber, go to your account at the Spotify website, and click "Manage subscriptions and payment" and then "View your options" at the "Cancel your subscription" part

Kind regards,
Felix

Emo_Hobo
This is all I see on either page. http://i61.tinypic.com/33ol6bc.png I see no option to remove my credit card.

Flixx

Can you try this link: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/change-payment/ probably you'll get an option to remove your credit card.If not, I think contacting Spotify is the best way, you can do that by following this link https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Kind regards,
Felix

Emo_Hobo
I just sent them a message hopefully they will help me.

GEMINI821
I still want my refund please I canceled my subscription for the third time and I would like to remove my card information how do I remove my information?

MattSuda

@GEMINI821 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

krchandler27

Yeah, this is bull **bleep**. There should be a way to delet this.

BMW350

I need help I have active premium account and I cant fugure out how to remove my crdit card from it 

UriCai
I did that but today I woke up and there it was an Spotify pop-up in the app with my credit card info asking me to renew my premium account. I DELETED the credit card information and having that pop-up happening to me practically destroyed my trust in this streaming service. I want my credit card info out of your system but how can I trust that you guy at Spotify really deleted it???

Richkid24

So If I use a card to pay my spotify and I take it off after paying for it does it cancel my spotify premium? 

krinesh7

it doesnt give me an option to remove the information

Suggested posts