How do I remove my Credit Card Information off Spotify? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

How do I remove my Credit Card Information off Spotify? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Emo_Hobo
Regular
If I go to account details and payment options it just shows the card, no option to remove it, I am not subscribed to anything and I don't want my Credit Card Information on there.
16 Replies

Re: How do I remove my Credit Card Information off Spotify? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Flixx
Community Legend

Hi @Emo_Hobo and welcome to the Spotify Community.

To remove your card you have to log in at spotify.com and go to the Account page. Click on "Manage subscriptions and payment" and then "Change payment method or card details" or directly click on the link.

At that point you can remove your creditcard or change your payment method.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Re: How do I remove my Credit Card Information off Spotify? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Emo_Hobo
Regular
I don't see an option to remove the credit card on either of those screens, I picked and I see the option to pay with a credit card, but no option to remove an existing card. I want it off there.

Flixx
Community Legend

Hi, can you attach a screenshot so I can try to help you more?

Kind regards,
Felix

Flixx
Community Legend
I forgot to ask something. Are you really sure there's not active subscription? If you have an active subscription you won't be able to remove your creditcard unless you've choosen another payment method (PayPal for example).
Kind regards,
Felix

Emo_Hobo
Regular
I don't think I'm an active subscriber, I used a prepaid card to get premium, but I had to give them Credit Card Information, I planned to remove it after the first month if I didn't really want it, which I don't, so I'd like to remove my credit card subscription.

Flixx
Community Legend

To be sure you are not an active subscriber, go to your account at the Spotify website, and click "Manage subscriptions and payment" and then "View your options" at the "Cancel your subscription" part

Kind regards,
Felix

Emo_Hobo
Regular
This is all I see on either page. http://i61.tinypic.com/33ol6bc.png I see no option to remove my credit card.

Flixx
Community Legend

Can you try this link: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/change-payment/ probably you'll get an option to remove your credit card.If not, I think contacting Spotify is the best way, you can do that by following this link https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Kind regards,
Felix

Emo_Hobo
Regular
I just sent them a message hopefully they will help me.
SUGGESTED POSTS