Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I transfer my playlists from the family account I am on to someone's duo account when I move?

How do I transfer my playlists from the family account I am on to someone's duo account when I move?

I am moving from a home where I am a member of a family account to a new address and want to join a duo account with the person at the new address.  How do I transfer my playlists from the old account to the new one?

3 Replies

Hi @dokrok,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, each person on a Premium Duo plan has their own Spotify account, so everyone keeps their own playlists and saved music. This way, you can keep your same Spotify account when switching from the current Premium Family plan to the Premium Duo plan, and won't need to transfer your playlists and saved music to a new Spotify account. 

You can leave the Premium Family plan when you move by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Select Cancel Premium under Spotify Free.

When you leave the Premium Family plan, your account will revert to the free service; and the plan manager of the Premium Duo plan at your new household can then invite you to Premium Duo by following these steps.

Bear in mind to accept the invite to Premium Duo, you must currently live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year.

You can also read more about switching between different Premium plans in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having the same problem but the "these steps" link doesn't work. Help please.

Hi @Tbasch,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Also, thank you for letting me know that the link regarding inviting Premium Duo plan members in my previous reply needed to be updated.

I've edited the hyperlink for this support article, so you should now be able to find the instructions for inviting (or removing) Premium Duo plan members there.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts