How do I transfer playlists from an account to another?

Solved!

Re: How do I transfer playlists from an account to another?

phjalmarsson
Music Fan

No, that does not work. It creates a link ("follow") to the original play list, it does NOT crate a new playlist in the new account. "Community mentor and troubleshooter" my ass...
[Edit: that was in reference to message #2. The "Quick Reply" button is not a reply button at all it seems. Oh well, live and learn...]

phjalmarsson
Music Fan

You need to follow the playlist from the new account as well. "Collaborative" just makes it possible for anyone in the entire world to edit it (please correct me if I'm wrong), it does not make the playlist show up in the list of playlists for all users in the entire world. Search for the playlist name and then follow it to make it show up.

@Aliisasd wrote:
Hey, with Spotify Family, I tried to use the "Collaborative" button in the original account, but the playlists never showed up in my new account. Can this be a problem with the android app? I tried to use the button again but it only had the option to remove the collaborative use.

phjalmarsson
Music Fan

@bumgarnerlarry wrote:

I cannot sign into my old account.  That is why I created a new one.

You need to access your old account to access the playlists in there, that should be evident. Try to reset the password if you don't rememeber it. If you can't remember the username or the email address of the account, you're pretty much **bleep**ed.

phjalmarsson
Music Fan

@Andrewfi wrote:
Thanks for this. I just moved all my music to a new account in just a few seconds. Great work!

I know the comment system here is f#&%ed up, but it would help if you could indicate which post you replied to. It would be extremely helpful to those here looking for a solution.

dustybin
Casual Listener
I am 'Andrewfi' :)
Yes, messed up system.

I used this tool: http://aknowakowski.blogspot.com.ee/p/trikatuka-spotify-migration-tool.html
Or rather its predecessor, now deprecated. From user AArtek: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/How-do-I-transfer-playlists-from-an-...

dustybin
Casual Listener

I am 'Andrewfi' :)
Yes, messed up system.

I used this tool: http://aknowakowski.blogspot.com.ee/p/trikatuka-spotify-migration-tool.html
Or rather its predecessor, now deprecated. From user AArtek: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/How-do-I-transfer-playlists-from-an-...

Doloxene
Casual Listener
When i drag a list to my dsktop, it creates an inteenet shortcut. When I drag the file into spotify, it creates a followed list. Not a standalone list. I want to move the standalone lists fron one avcount into the other account. Not follow. Is there a solution?

Swanny
Community Legend

Hey @Doloxene, those may have been old instructions for an older version of the Spotify desktop client. If you're copying the tracks from one playlist to another playlist, you can copy and paste the tracks into a program like Notepad, then copy them from Notepad back into a new playlist on the new playlist. That should work fine.

Let me know if you have any further issues :) 

Solution!

scott3739

BobF wrote:

A little extra info: I faced this problem when splitting our family account. 

The new account was able to follow the playlist but the new account holder didn't own it so they weren't able to edit it.

The solution I found is awkward but it may be the only way.

I had the new account follow the playlists from the original account. I then created a new playlist in the new account with the same name.

Then you <shift> select every track in the followed playlist, add them to the resident playlist and unfollow the other.

thank you bobf absouletly the easisest way to do it.... select a song in the playlist you want to transfer from hit CTRL A it'll select all the songs in that playlist then drag em to the appropriate playlist..... now i just wish spotify would let us permanently close accounts and completely unlink them from facebook

zulanawi

Hi there, 

I found a simple solution. Just go to Spotmybackup
1) Login to your current account, then you can export the playlist. Save the exported file. 

2) Export the playlist. Save the exported file. 

3) Open different browser (or Incognito/private browser)

4) Login to your new spotify account 

5) Import the playlist file. 

6) Done :) 

SUGGESTED POSTS