How do I transfer playlists from an account to another?

Solved!

Re: How do I transfer playlists from an account to another?

ericdejo

Probably the solution I've found was introduced by Spotify after the solutions mentioned here in 2014. Make use of the "Spotify-URL".

Firstly, I logon into the account with the playlist I want to. Open the playlist and select (...) copy Spotify-URL. Secondly, logoff and logon into the target account. Create an empty playlist. Then paste the Spotify-URL into the search bar and 'voila' the playlist is shown. Select all tracks (control+A) and drag them into your new playlist.

yivs99
Casual Listener

Hi guys, 

I've read the tips for this problem in this thread as well as others, and wanted to share the EASIEST, LEAST HASSLE method. I just went to https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact

and went to Technical support, and sent them an email, with my request. I received a reply very quickly, and within a couple of hours, all of my playlists and folders were transferred over. My old account wasn't closed (they only close it if you ask them to), and the folders were MOVED, rather than copied. Correspondence from Spotify below. Excellent customer services. Why waste time doing it yourself manually?

Hi there,

Thanks for confirming your new username xxxx. We'd be more than happy to update your account , don't worry.

Yes, we can help you move your playlists, account/playlist followers, and songs in Your Music to your preferred a account. We just need you to verify you’re the account holder for the new account.

(You can just pick one, no need to send them all)

• Order ID (you’ll find this on your Spotify receipts, available on your account page)
  • The earliest Spotify payment receipt you have available (you can find this on your account page)
  • A screenshot of a Spotify payment on your bank statement

We'll be waiting for your reply so we can go ahead and get this done for you. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care,

Laarny

Spotify Customer Support

aaronjamesellis

(All you need to do) make a new account, log in, make a new playlist, go to your old one on old account, do Ctrl+a on the songs then Ctrl+c to copy and paste (Ctrl+v) into new playlist and bang answers solved

nachario

Thanks a lot! it really helped me!

NolidoBrazil

@aartek wrote:

You can try the tool I've created. It is available on my blog: http://aknowakowski.blogspot.com/p/trikatuka.html (English instruction at the bottom of post)

Excellent application. Simple and fast! Congratulations to the creator.

user-removed
Not applicable

That doesn't work on a mac at all.  Also I tried sumbitting a question to spotify but the email linked is old and inactive.  I tried changing it but it won't update it with spotify.  

takenny23

BINGO!!!!!  Reccomend this way!!!

MatthewFinch197
Casual Listener

If I can just add to this, I took the advice and opened a chat window with the Spotify guy and he was SUPER helpful in sorting out my playlist transfer. I even moved countries and have a new payment method and he also recreated all my archived playlists so I didnt lose anything. It took a while since I had quite a few but everything is now working perfectly. Totally perfect and brilliant customer service!

phjalmarsson
Music Fan

Totally perfect and brilliant customer service!

Or not. my wife was promised transfer of playlists and lockdown of old account so as to avoid confusion. Of course that never happened, so she has continued to edit her non-Pro account which means that all her playlists in the Pro account is now useless. :-(

Effing BAD customer service in this case.

In the end I did it the manual way for her:

1. Log in to web interface (play.spotify.com) with old account.
  2. Log in to Windows player with new account.
  3. In web interface:
    1. Rename playlist xxx to xxx_old (just to avoid confusion).
    2. Right-click and Copy link
  4. In windows player:
    1. Paste link in search box and press Enter. You get taken to the playlist.
    2. Click on first song.
    3. Shift-click on last song. (Ctrl-A did not work for me although it seems to have for others)
    4. Right-click on last song and choose to add to new playlist
    5. Rename the new playlist
  5. Repeat section 3-4 for all playlists

It might take some time (especially with many playlists), but you have control yourself. And you don't need to rely on some lying/lazy/forgetful suppert person.

turbo73

Additional info to Peter's receipt: when you've dragged a playlist from the desktop to the client, click the three dots besides the "follow"-button, Then choose "Create similar playlist" in order to copy the content.

SUGGESTED POSTS