Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do i show my name instead of my username

Solved!

How do i show my name instead of my username

Hey guys, 

I deactivated my facebook (which is what I used to make my spotify account), and ever since then my username (random numbers) shows up on my profile rather than my actual name. I reactivated my facebook and allowed spotify to process my facebook data under the privacy settings but my username is still showing up on my profile rather than my actual name. 

What else can I do to get my name to show instead of my username? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your username. For now, that’s how it is unless you are willing to make a new account but transferring your playlist may be hard to do or not even possible but here is a link with information from Spotify about changing your username: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/change-my-username/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your username. For now, that’s how it is unless you are willing to make a new account but transferring your playlist may be hard to do or not even possible but here is a link with information from Spotify about changing your username: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/change-my-username/

Hey, 

I'm not trying to change my username, cause i get that you can't do that. I'm just trying to see if I can show my actual username when I/someone goes to my spotify profile, instead of my username/numbers. Because before I deactivated my facebook my name showed instead of random numbers. I thought that reactivating my facebook would fix that, but it hasn't.

Hey,

I'm not trying to change my username, cause i get that you can't do that. I'm just trying to see if I can show my actual username when I/someone goes to my spotify profile, instead of my username/numbers. Because before I deactivated my facebook my name showed instead of random numbers. I thought that reactivating my facebook would fix that, but it hasn't.

Suggested posts