Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you delete an artist name that you've used in the past but have since switched out of?

How do you delete an artist name that you've used in the past but have since switched out of?

So this is kinda bothering me. Now that we're allowed to claim access to our own artists on Spotify and edit our profiles, what happens when we change our artist name on our respective distributor websites (i.e. CD Baby or Tunecore), and our old profile just sits there with no music under it? Is there a way we can delete that old, empty profile?

For example, let's say that if Kanye West decides to go by just "Kanye" from now on. His label then changes his name under all his albums, so now when you search "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", it appears under the profile of "Kanye" instead of "Kanye West". But then there's just this other profile by the name of "Kanye West" that has none of his music just sitting there. I'm not Kanye but I'm currently struggling from this issue. I've been changing the spelling of my artist name, and while the good thing is I have the freedom to edit my updated profile regardless of how it's spelled, the old profile by the old spelling now just sits there with no music under it and plain confusing people. Does anybody know how I can get rid of the old names?

1 Reply

Hey @realxie,

I don't think that there's any way to delete an artist page, sorry. It will just sit there with no music on it.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts