Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you know if you have a duplicated account?

How do you know if you have a duplicated account?

Just trying to troubleshoot why my spotify isnt woking.

11 Replies

I really am desperate to get some help on the issue, I have tried to trouble shoot it, but what others say does not work for me. Please help.

The symptoms of a duplicate account are that your usual playlists aren't showing up and your subscription status is different to usual (finding yourself suddenly back on the free, ad-supported service for example).

Does this sound like it could be the case for you?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I had the same issue, i got a accout with my Facebook account. Well i didn't see that so i used my premium code at the new one and got all the music over to that accout but now i can't log in and it says "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." And i do not know what to do. 

Twishes - I can find an account for you with the username 'rosapopcorn.' Is this the one you're having trouble logging into?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

No 😛 that's my old one

Ok, though it appears that your Facebook account is connected to that account. Do you know the username for the new account? (If it was created through Facebook then it might just be a string of numbers)

uhm, well i think it was just my real name but i really don't know.

I think it is the right account - it has had a gift code activated on it for 3 months of Premium. So please try logging in with 'rosapopcorn' as your username.

If you don't have any luck I'll try disconnecting this account from Facebook. So let me know how you get on!

Well I'm on that account now and there I have Spotify unlimited and have had it for almost 3 months now. But the I got this new account on my Facebook account and there I used my Premium code that I got and then today I couldn't use that account. I got this new account cuz something strange happened with the other one. Well all my music disappeared and I got spotify free,so I used that account until today when I got this problem 😕

Ok, I might need to see that Premium code to track down the account. Just send in a message through our Contact Form, which you can find through 'About Us' at the top of the page. One of our advisors will then help you out.

Or, if you get a case reference number I can chase the case up for you.

I got a case number: 287577

Suggested posts