Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How does device limit work in a family plan?

Solved!

How does device limit work in a family plan?

Can someone advise on how the device limit works on a family plan. For e.g. if I have 3 total subscribers under family plan, does each of the 3 subscribers have the option of using spotify on 3 of their own devices? So if each subscriber has a phone, tablet and laptop then each one can have spotify (with their playlist syncd) on each of these so it is in all 9 devices potentially?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Each member of the Family Plan will have their own accounts with their own playlists. So you can install Spotify on different devices, then someone in your family can install their Spotify on different devices. Each account is completely separate. 

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Each member of the Family Plan will have their own accounts with their own playlists. So you can install Spotify on different devices, then someone in your family can install their Spotify on different devices. Each account is completely separate. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks for clarification. Regards Girish

Hi, thanks for your answer.
I am not sure to have to have the full picture.
1 - Is the limitation for 3 devices (with sync.) applicable for each ? Then a total potential of 9 devices (we will 3 at home to have familly premium).
2 - What's going on if we use a common device ? (i.e. familly Ipad will count for 1)
3 - Is there possibility to share only playlist that we select on the familial Ipad ?
Thanks for your help.

but the family plan info online says "three devices total. So... that means, playing on three actively at one time then? So we each have our own computer and phone in our family, (six devices) but it's ok to download the app on each of those 6, and we each can alternate on our phone or laptop depending on our day?

My understanding is that each account can have 3 offline devices (you can install Spotify on how many devices as you wish, but max 3 for offline sync)

The common device would still need one account to be signed in at a time. So that device would count as 1 device (if you use it for offline sync) for each member who signs in with their account on it. 

And for the playlists: again, every account has their own playlists, Your Music, listening history, profile etc. so it depends on who's signed in. 

So, I just signed up for family account. Why then if I play something from my playlist, but then my daughter does something on hers, mine switches to her song or vice versa.

You need to switch to her acct in order to play her playlist cause is tier to her acct.

Suggested posts