How many Devices can i run premium on?

Solved!

How many Devices can i run premium on?

Kirstinrenae

I have about every electronic app device,and I was wondering how many devices can I sync my spotify premium account to

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 10 people liked this

Re: How many Devices can i run premium on?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@kimagirl 

Premium is the same price. It allows offline mode on three devices for no extra charge.

You can use Spotify on as many devices as you want, but only one device can be playing music at a time and you can only store offline music on 3 devices. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution!

kimagirl
Casual Listener
@MattSuda: Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Have a good day ahead!
22 Replies

carlyck

I have the same question because I just realized that my iPad is not recognizing my Premium account... strange? Does anyone else know what the deal is with that?

5 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey guys :) 

You can use your Spotify premium on as many devices as you like, just log in using your account details. 

There is a restriction on storing offline content. You are limited to having 3 devices storing playlists for offline usage, each with a maximum of 3,333 stored tracks. However, you can log in and stream on as many as you wish. 

@carlyck I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

2 people liked this

dawnsut

I have premium and I can't use it on my two phones and iPod touch at the same time. Why is this? It keeps telling me that I am paused because another device is using Spotify. Please help!! Thanks, Dawn

7 people liked this

MichaelJerzak
Community Legend
Hey! Welcome to the community dawnsut! This is occurring because Spotify Accounts are to be used for personal use, therefore you can not use more than one device on it at once.
Michael. A Spotify Knight in Shining Armor.
I AM NOT A SPOTIFY STAFF MEMBER| I'm a Spotify Community Legend
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!
3 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

@555michael wrote:
Hey! Welcome to the community dawnsut! This is occurring because Spotify Accounts are to be used for personal use, therefore you can not use more than one device on it at once.

555michael is correct, you can only have 1 active streaming session at any given time due to the licensing Spotify has for its content. However, as long as it is you using both devices, you can use them both at the same time if you wish. Just mark a playing on one device to be available offline and then force that device into offline mode in the application settings. Now you can stream on one device and play that offline playlist on the other. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

sallyg0104
Casual Listener

Could you clarify the "offline" vs. streaming issue for me? In an earlier post, I read that if my laptop is always online, then I don't have to mark those playlists for "offline" playing.  I had thought that the computer playlists had to be marked as available for offline in order for them to be played offline on my other devices.  Is that not correct? Also, in this post I am replying to, you spoke of "forcing something offline" in the application settings.  What exactly does that mean? Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.  I have been a premium member since I discovered Spotify but I am still terribly unfamiliar with all the ways that I can use it.  Thanks

robzim737
Community Legend

Hi @sallyg0104 - a couple of things- making a playlist "Available Offline" is specific to each device.  So you can save one playlist as offline on your laptop, and another on your phone, for example.  And you can play those playlists when no internet connection is available (or when your internet usage is metered and you don't want to stream over the internet even when a connection is available).  Then there's "Offline Mode" under Settings, that will force the Spotify app on your laptop or mobile device to only play locally and not use the internet at all. It will only be able to play from playlists availabvle offline.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

sallyg0104
Casual Listener

Thanks for the information.  A couple of questions for clarification: I have read that you can only have offline mode on three devices, so it doesn't matter what three devices they are, correct? The computer doesn't act like some main unit with the others being satellites, which is kind of how I thought of it before.  Also, if I put an item on offline mode in the settings, then does that mean that it will play all of the playlists that are marked as Available in Offline mode, but won't allow for streaming?  I am really confused by all of this .  As a tutor, I live by the saying,"the only stupid question is the one left unasked", but I am not sure everyone else agrees so my profound apologies if these are, in fact, stupid questions!

1 person liked this

robzim737
Community Legend

Actually, you can only have playlists "Available Offline" on up to 3 devices (Spotify can still be put into "Offline mode" on any number of devices, but only up to 3 devices can actually do anything with it). Up to 3,333 offline songs are allowed on each of the three devices (so 9,999 total).  And it doesn't matter which three devices they are: they don't use a main/satellite design, so each are independent in this regard.  And yes, when you put the device in Offline Mode, it won't allow streaming.  And feel free to ask away - I'll answer if I can, or someone else will!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
SUGGESTED POSTS