Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many playlists can I have?

Solved!

How many playlists can I have?

I have been adding more playlists and have actually been finding some i had asked about in my previous topic which now leads me to this question. With all the playlists i have been finding is there a limit on how many i can add before Spotify cuts me off or can I add as many as I want without any being deleted.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have over 1,000 playlists (some are in playlist folders) and I still have all of mine (none got deleted)

I don't think there is a limit. If there is, it's really high and unlikely to be reached.

I do know that some people have trouble with the Spotify app loading really slow because of tons of playlists. My suggestion is when you end up having tons of playlists in your playlists section to organize them into playlist folders, that way every time you start up the app it only loads the playlists that are not in playlist folders. It will only load the ones in the playlist folders when you open up the folder. You can have multiple playlist folders.

How to make playlist folders in the desktop app:

1. Right-click anywhere under PLAYLISTS on the left.
  2. Select Create Folder.
  3. Give your playlist folder a name.
  4. Drag and drop your playlists into the folder. 

Also, if you accidentally delete a playlist you can recover it by following these directions: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/can-i-recover-a-deleted-playlist/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I have over 1,000 playlists (some are in playlist folders) and I still have all of mine (none got deleted)

I don't think there is a limit. If there is, it's really high and unlikely to be reached.

I do know that some people have trouble with the Spotify app loading really slow because of tons of playlists. My suggestion is when you end up having tons of playlists in your playlists section to organize them into playlist folders, that way every time you start up the app it only loads the playlists that are not in playlist folders. It will only load the ones in the playlist folders when you open up the folder. You can have multiple playlist folders.

How to make playlist folders in the desktop app:

1. Right-click anywhere under PLAYLISTS on the left.
  2. Select Create Folder.
  3. Give your playlist folder a name.
  4. Drag and drop your playlists into the folder. 

Also, if you accidentally delete a playlist you can recover it by following these directions: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/can-i-recover-a-deleted-playlist/

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts