Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to add family members into family plan when they already use spotify premium account

How to add family members into family plan when they already use spotify premium account

How do you manage to invite family members to a family plan when they already use spotify premium account?? This seem to be a mission impossible action. I have tried to send e-mail from the family plan as well as only the link. Regardless no one gets anywhere since Spotify just answers that you already belong to premium or this family plan. The instructions in this case doesn¨t work since there is no redem button and no possibility to add new account. Of course you can create a brand new account but how do you get that to be connected to the same family account....??? 

5 Replies

HI!

Well, that worked for me some time ago was to downgrade the account of my family members to "FREE" and then add them to Familiar Plan with the link.

The only trick here will be the timing to apply the downgrade, in order to use the most of the current premium subscription before the charge of the next month.

Best regards.

@itama0

When someone who's already Premium (paying through spotify.com) joins a Family Premium his remaining subscription will 'freeze' and will become available once they're out of the Family Premium.

If he's paying through a mobile provider, or another partner, he needs to cancel the service with them for him to join the Family Premium.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, but that part is already clearly stated in the instructions. My problem is that how do you get them into the family plan as a start since you can´t use the e-mail invite nor the direct link as it blocks further action with the words that "You can't connect to family plan since you already are a prime member or member of this family plan". Do they have to create a completely new user and log into their Spotify with that before even to accept the link/e-mail or how do they proceed????

@itama0

Tell them to login (with their own username) to the website to check the status of their subscription here:

And confirm they're not paying Spotify through a mobile provider or partner, or part of another family plan.

Also confirm the email registered in their profile page is accurate and is the one you're sending the invites to.

If everything looks good, and with them logged in their own account, tell them to accept the invite.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, did you ever get a resolution to this?  I'm having the same problem.  Thanks. (2/2/17)

Suggested posts