Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to cancel a request to close an account?

Solved!

How to cancel a request to close an account?

Hello.  I recently submitted a request to cancel this Spotify account.  I have decided to keep this account open and I would like to cancel my request to cancel this account.  Is there something that I can do to cancel the request or does Spotify have to do it?  I have also not received any messages from support acknowledging that my message has been received.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you just reply to the last email you have from support explaining you no longer want to close your account they should get the message on your case (when they look at it). 

If you can also post your case number from when you got in touch here (its in the automated email reply) I can ask someone to close it for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

If you just reply to the last email you have from support explaining you no longer want to close your account they should get the message on your case (when they look at it). 

If you can also post your case number from when you got in touch here (its in the automated email reply) I can ask someone to close it for you. 

Peter

Peter

Hello and thank you for the information.  I have actually not received any emails from support about closing my account.

This was the page I went to to file the request to close the account.

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/  

I filled out the form and clicked Submit Question.  

@calliecrkkuczek wrote:

Hello and thank you for the information.  I have actually not received any emails from support about closing my account.

This was the page I went to to file the request to close the account.

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/  

I filled out the form and clicked Submit Question.  

Are you sure? - Check your spam/junk folders. If your query was submitted correctly you should have definitely received a confirmation email. 

I'm also going to ask someone to check out your account to see if they can see any emails.

Peter

Peter

Hi calliecrkkuczek - Did you use the same email that's linked to your Community account? We haven't received a case with that email.

Our contact form isn't having any issues. Did you see this page when you filled out the form:

Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 09.44.22.png

Yes.  I am positive and yes, I saw that image when I submitted my request.  I check the email account associated with my Spotify account every day and I did not see a confirmation email.  

Hi there! We've located your account, but the first record we have of an email is from yesterday evening. 

Our goal is to reach everyone within 24 hours--you'll hear from a member of the team shortly. Thanks!

Hello.  Good news that you found my account.  Look forward to hearing from someone shortly.

Suggested posts