Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to cancel my father's account

How to cancel my father's account

Hello,

My father is 85 years old and lost his password to SPOTIFY and to his Google email account (*snip*). The Google account is now blocked and he can not get access to it (we tried Google suport several ways).

Problem is that I put the SPOTIFY debit on my credit card (VISA) and we are not able to access the SPOTIFY account to change it, and nor reset his password due the lack of access. 

How can we cancel his spotify account so that charges stop and he can create a new one?

1 Reply

I would first try to cancel the account payment method with the card he used to purchase spotify premium, there should be a way to see recurring charges. If by chance you can still somehow access his account via an old phone or a device that is still logged in to the account you could simply cancel the subsciption on the acount page once logged in. Otherwise I would take the direct route and contact the admin at Spotify through this  website, or e-mail support@spotify.com and explain the situation. If you have the e-mail address he used for the account they should be able to cancel his account directly. I know this was probably not very helpful and I understand that dealing with e-mails and passwords for loved ones can be a nightmare but I wish you the best of luck! - William

Suggested posts