How to change Premium subscription

Solved!

Re: How to change Premium subscription

Rock Star
‎2017-10-11 11:12 PM

Hey @spink16

Don't worry. Try upgrading your account to a Family Plan here. No new charges should be made since your account is already paid, but your renewal date will come forward accordingly.

Hope it helps. :)

If this solved your issue, click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION', or add a Like if it was helpful. :)
Would you like a 'screen always on' option in Mobile?
Last.FM | Snapchat | My playlists NowPlaying.jpg

1 person liked this

Re: How to cancel MOBILE Premium subscription

Music Fan
‎2017-10-19 12:39 AM

I want to cancel my premium Spotify account for now but when I click on subscription using my iPhone nothing happens.  I tried using my laptop but according my laptop it says I’m on the free account.  Something is wrong here.  I don’t want to get billed again.

Rock Star
‎2017-10-19 12:51 AM

Hey @Thirddaydaughte

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

If this solved your issue, click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION', or add a Like if it was helpful. :)

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-10-22 07:13 PM

It does not give me the option to cancel my subscription I really don't have the funds to pay it anymore. Isn't there a toll free number I can call, for someone to cancel it for me. I'm getting really frustrated. I believe the subscription is linked through Facebook but when I login with Facebook it does not give me an option to cancel. When I login to the app it says I don't have a subscription but it comes out of my account every month and I can't pay it anymore.

Rock Star
‎2017-10-22 11:17 PM

Hey @Tabitha4

Depends if you pay through iTunes, through a mobile carrier or directly to Spotify.

If you're getting your subscription through your mobile provider, it's them who cancel the service, since it's them who charge you for it in the first place.

Your Spotify account gets linked to your mobile number and that's it. No payment info is recorded in Spotify's systems, and therefore no charges can be made by them.

If you receive or have received Spotify payment receipts, then you can cancel by doing the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Re: FREE-PREMIUM

Music Fan
‎2017-11-09 09:59 AM

Hi Users from Philippines, just wan to know, coz' I currently paid an spotify fee cost Php129.00 for me to subcribe the premium. But what sadden me is still my subcription is still FREE. Please see screenshot for reference. 

Thank you

IMG_3920[1].JPG
IMG_3921[1].PNG

Rock Star
‎2017-11-10 12:09 AM

Hey @rhamzilita

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

Music Fan
‎2017-11-11 08:00 AM

Great Post! Thanks 

Highlighted

Re: How to change Premium subscription

Edited
Music Fan
3 weeks ago

:)

Music Fan
2 weeks ago

I have a premium account with the Login information and password correct(I've had them written down since I created the account). However, I still cannot log-in and when I try to reset my password I recieve an error stating that no email is linked with my account. As a result, im stuck paying for a premium account that I cannot cancel or use. Any suggestions?(I had to use another account just to post this)

SUGGESTED POSTS