Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change credit card number for auto renewal

Solved!

How to change credit card number for auto renewal

Hi - I'm trying to change the CC number for auto renewing purposes. When I go to the 'subscription' tab - all I see is:

Spotify Premium

Your plan will automatically renew on 12/31/18 and you'll be charged 9.99 CAD.

When I click the change/cancel button below it - all I see is my premium plan and options to change plan.

No indication of where I can go to update the card information. Can someone please advise? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just spoke to customer support and found out that the reason it's not showing up is because the payment option is only for monthly subscriptions only. Weird! For anyone else that has this issue - you just need to cancel your subscription a day or two before the year is over to enter in new CC info - or chat with customer support at that time and they will do it manually. Thx!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @talia_designs, welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry to hear this. In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for more info and for what to do next. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! Unfortunately I am stuck on #3. Under Payment method, click UPDATE.

This is not showing up on my page.

@talia_designs,

Thanks for the reply. 

Could you try doing this using another browser or incognito mode?

If that doesn’t help, could you tell me where you subscribed to Premium (eg. iTunes, Spotify, 3rd party provider)?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just tried chrome (was originally using firefox) but still not seeing that option. I've attached the 2 pages that show up for me.

I subscribed to premium through spotify - they had a promotion going on to pay a 1 time fee for the full year.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 11.50.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 11.50.11 AM.png
Marked as solution

I just spoke to customer support and found out that the reason it's not showing up is because the payment option is only for monthly subscriptions only. Weird! For anyone else that has this issue - you just need to cancel your subscription a day or two before the year is over to enter in new CC info - or chat with customer support at that time and they will do it manually. Thx!

Suggested posts