Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change display name?

Solved!

How to change display name?

I have recently created an account, and sped through the process and didn't realise that the display name I chose wasn't what I really wanted. Is there a way to change it?

Note that I am not talking about the username, which I'm aware is different and can't be change, but just the display name.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! 

The display name is also unchangeable in an account .

So you might want to create a new acccount. If you want to register the new account with the same E-mail, the Spotify support team will need  to delete your current account in order to free up the E-mail address. 

After you sign up to the new account,  they will also be able to transfer all your playlists from the old account to the updated one. 

Contact the support team using the online contact form or alternatively, E-mail them at support@spotify.com    

Hope it helps 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi! 

The display name is also unchangeable in an account .

So you might want to create a new acccount. If you want to register the new account with the same E-mail, the Spotify support team will need  to delete your current account in order to free up the E-mail address. 

After you sign up to the new account,  they will also be able to transfer all your playlists from the old account to the updated one. 

Contact the support team using the online contact form or alternatively, E-mail them at support@spotify.com    

Hope it helps 

Suggested posts