Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change my country from US to Canada?

How to change my country from US to Canada?

So I've been looking around these messages trying to figure this out but nothing really helps me. 

I go to school in the US and thats where I got spotify free, but now im in Canada for the summer and I can't use it anymore. People keep saying you have to put in your information in order to change your country and you don't have to pay, but I can't even get to that part. The "Change your country" thing wont even let me click it or anything. There is nothing that asks for my info in order to change the country other than if I went and got premium, which I am not going to do until I'm out of college and actually have money. Any ideas? thanks. 

3 Replies

I read in another post that you can only change your country if Spotify thinks you're in a different country based on your IP address. Are you using a Canadian ISP?

Yea! I don't understand!! after that didn't work, I tried changing my IP adress to an american one but it still didn't work.

@mndyvnbr wrote:

Yea! I don't understand!! after that didn't work, I tried changing my IP adress to an american one but it still didn't work.

You won't be able to use Spotify free in Canada, since Spotify is not yet available there unfortunately. 

If you want to use Spotify in Canada you would need to subscribe to unlimited/premium using a payment method from a country where Spotify is available, such as a US credit card. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts