How to delete Premium while a family subsciption is active

Plan

Premium/Family

Country

DE

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I subscribed to a premium account half a year ago. Now my wife started her family subscription. I now wanted to delete my own premium account -- but I cannot find it in the list of available subscriptions. I wonder if the subscription ended automatically (which I can hardly believe). So: How do I end my personal subscription? Thanks for helping in this issue!

3 Replies

Hey @jommi,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome.

We can confirm that if you’re joining a Family plan while still on a standard Premium, all subsequent payments on your account will be handled by the Family plan’s manager as part of the Premium Family monthly price. As a heads-up, any remaining standard Premium time you have is forfeited.

It'd be great to take a look at the info featured in the section called Already have Premium? in this support site article if you'd like to know more about upgrading from a standard Premium to a Family plan.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your response, Mario. You mean, payments continue automatically for the premium account AND the family accound from my wife's credit card?

Hey @jommi,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The only payment that will be taking place is the monthly one regarding the Family plan renewal, which will be charged to your wife's card since she's the Family plan manager. 

To further clarify, since you were on the standard Premium and then upgraded to the Family one as a member, the manager whose Family plan you're a member of will be paying for your monthly subscription renewal as part of the fixed 14,99 Euro Premium Family price while you won't be paying at all.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts