Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete the following crap

Solved!

How to delete the following crap

I don't want to follow any artist and don't want to share it with another spotify users. this feature is really bad and i dont give a **bleep** to all these social media **bleep**. i only want to hear music at home and with my phone. features like this are for retarted people.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Following isn't related to Facebook at all.

When following artists was introduced, you would have be set up with a few artists that you are following already. These were based on what Spotify considers to be your favourite artists.

If you don't want to follow any artists at all, just go to your "Following" page in your profile, and unfollow each artist. No further artists will be added in the future - except those that you choose to follow yourself.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Anganthyr - The recommendations are based on what bands are in your playlists and what you've been listening to. Once you start Following them, you'll then get notified when your favourite artists release new stuff.

The artists being mentioned in the top right of the app are popular, trending artists right now, just to show you how it works. If you click 'Close' in the top right, they'll go.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

@hismuse wrote:

I hate this automatic follow thing, can we please have an option to turn it off?

You will only have automatic following the first time you log into the new client with the new follow system. After that it is up to you to add people you want to follow. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

9 Replies

same here

I am fairly certain after getting pissed off with that sh1t myself that the only way to disable the **bleep**ty **bleep**ty **bleep**ty facebook sh1t is to cancel your account and make a new one that can't be linked to facebook in any way (make a new e-mail address).

it's getting stupidly bullsh1t now, every is following the trend and making it ridiculously easy to 'link' your account with twitter and facebook, to the point where it will soon become a default setting to share all your details with every social networking website in the goddamn world who obviously use all your information to hit you with subliminal advertising.

Marked as solution

Following isn't related to Facebook at all.

When following artists was introduced, you would have be set up with a few artists that you are following already. These were based on what Spotify considers to be your favourite artists.

If you don't want to follow any artists at all, just go to your "Following" page in your profile, and unfollow each artist. No further artists will be added in the future - except those that you choose to follow yourself.

Why do it seems that I have choose to follow someone?

Why do I have obviously have followers that hot at all have choose to fallow me?

in fact... Why do get this that I haven't ask for?
Please give me a choise to turn it off/on

And Spotify
When you start something new in "the social area" etc (or in general)

please  don't be so "snobbish" and arrogant and just publish... no explanation....

I got a feeling that you think you are alone on the market

Please employee someone who can talk with the management of this ridiculous behavior

Just because FB has that attitude,,, don't be a follower

(and why do i have to use your spellccveker!!!...

SP rely seems to got the wrong  attitude in management siting in an tower......

When I read this again I really feel big brother and 1984

When  following artists was introduced"../../  These were based on what Spotify considers to be your favourite artists."

So not I, Spotify, the dictator himself choose for me!!!

Great

Guess some smart in the office said hmm.... We can't start this with 0 followers because then it maybe does not seem look so big...

So instead lets kidnap peoples opinion and it looks that we have a lot of people who are interested in this bull**bleep**

If SF gest to be some kind of look alike FB I am out directly. I will not enjoy that kind of nonsense community

Hello 

Same here for me me, the Follower Crap is very annoying. I cant switch it off, so goodbye Spotify, just terminated my Premium membership.

Follow me
Marked as solution

Anganthyr - The recommendations are based on what bands are in your playlists and what you've been listening to. Once you start Following them, you'll then get notified when your favourite artists release new stuff.

The artists being mentioned in the top right of the app are popular, trending artists right now, just to show you how it works. If you click 'Close' in the top right, they'll go.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I hate this automatic follow thing, can we please have an option to turn it off?

Marked as solution

@hismuse wrote:

You will only have automatic following the first time you log into the new client with the new follow system. After that it is up to you to add people you want to follow. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts