Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disconnect facebook from my account?

Solved!

How to disconnect facebook from my account?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

ANY

Operating System

ANY

My Question or Issue

I created my account using Facebook account. But now I want to delete my facebook account due to all the scandals. The only thing which stops me is that my spotify is tied to facebook and there is no way to disconnect both that I found. 

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to create a new account since I've lot of private playlists which I can't manually port over to the new account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @TimInPA.

Thanks for getting back to us!

When you 'break' your account by closing your Facebook profile, you can still go to the Password Reset page and request a password for the email address that is associated with your Facebook profile. You should then be able to use your email address as a username.

You can do the password reset thing before you close or break your account so you are sure it works 🙂

Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @itsme88!

I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the steps you should take to use Spotify without Facebook.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

Option 1 is the best for me but Spotify doesn't accept my login using facebook's username and password. It says Username or Password is incorrect (Error Code: 3)

Steps for option 1. 
Please note your displayed Spotify username will be a string of numbers instead of your display name. 
  • Deactivate your Facebook
  • Open the Spotify app
  • Enter the email address and password you used on Facebook (you cannot select the Log in with Facebook option any longer). 
  • You can continue to use the app as normal without a Facebook account. 

Creating a new account is a horrible option.  I lose everything I've done on Spotify for years.  Isn't there an alternative?  A way to export all of my playlists?

Marked as solution

Hey @TimInPA.

Thanks for getting back to us!

When you 'break' your account by closing your Facebook profile, you can still go to the Password Reset page and request a password for the email address that is associated with your Facebook profile. You should then be able to use your email address as a username.

You can do the password reset thing before you close or break your account so you are sure it works 🙂

Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Tried with a facebook account deactivation and it worked with the new password which I created with the associated email address.

I'm going to now delete the facebook account to see if it still works.

Hopefully you delete my facebook stuff and not store it in someplace in your servers hidden Mark!

Hey @itsme88.

When you disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook, your Facebook data will be removed according to GDPR compliance. 

Hope that helps and let us know if there's anything else!

Suggested posts