Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get parental consent

Solved!

How to get parental consent

I've been trying to figure out for the past hour how to get parental consent for my 14 yo little brother to set up an account, but I can't. We live in Hungary and Terms & Conditions allows it, but I can't find the option.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ZarkaRozi.

We have updated our minimum age requirements in a few countries to reflect the GDPR requirements, however these are not yet reflected in our terms and conditions. The new age limit in Hungary is now 16.

We're looking into updating the T&Cs to be more in-line with this.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any further questions 😉

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @ZarkaRozi,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Parent or guardian consent just means that a parent or guardian needs to be aware that their child is creating a Spotify account. You don't need to fill out any separate form to give consent.

Are you having any trouble creating an account? 

Keep me posted. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sounds great. My problem is that if we input his actual birthday while signing up, the system simply shuts him out saying he's not old enough. But according to Terms & Conditions, he is. How does that happen?

Hey @ZarkaRozi.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Hm, that's odd. Could you try creating your brother's account by opening this page in an incognito window or a different browser? If that doesn't work, could you possibly open the same page and go through the sing-up process on a different device?

Let us know how you get on - we'll be here in case you need further help 😉

I've tried it in Chrome incognito and Microsoft Edge. It seems to accept years down from 2003. To me, this implies something could be wrong with the age checking method, OR the Terms & Conditions state the age requirement as 14 falsely. Thanks for the reply!

Hey @ZarkaRozi.

Thanks for getting back to me.

There's one last thing you could try: could you try signing up for an account on your mobile phone using a 3/4G networK?

If that doesn't work, then could you send over a screenshot showing the error that you're getting when trying to sing up for a Spotify account for your brother? Once we have that, we'll look into it further.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi! Tried it, didn't work 😞 This is the screenshot from the hungarian website, it translates to Sorry, you didn't meet the age requirement. I couldn't capture the 4G mobile version, but this message is the same every time. My phone is set to english, and it says the same. I've tried it on normal Chrome, incognito, Microsoft Edge, on my Android phone while leaving the location on and on 4G. All return the same result. 

Thank you for your help!

spotify01.PNG

Hey @ZarkaRozi.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just wanted to let you know that we've reported this issue to the relevant team, who are going to look into it.

We'll get back to you as soon as we have any updates from them.

Thanks again 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @ZarkaRozi.

We have updated our minimum age requirements in a few countries to reflect the GDPR requirements, however these are not yet reflected in our terms and conditions. The new age limit in Hungary is now 16.

We're looking into updating the T&Cs to be more in-line with this.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any further questions 😉

Suggested posts