How to get rid of german songs in Discover weekly

Re: How to get rid of german songs in Discover weekly

Hey there folks, 

To clarify, playlists such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar are based not only on your listening habits, but also on those of other users with a similar taste and even of your friends on Spotify.

Take a look at this support site article to read more about our Playlists and how they work.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any more questions!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Guys that answer about how Discover works doesnt help a tiny bit. German songs are still there. Could you pls add some preferences setting that would filter songs in other than main languages? Or to ban specific languages? Would work well with existing Discover behavior. Ideally it would fill up filtered space with extra recommendations.
Highlighted

Hey there @Jozokovac

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

As @Mario mentioned, the playlists made for you are still being influenced by various factors. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Dear Ivan,

thanks for the reply. Also the loyalty to online music streaming factors is influenced by various factors. One of them is the ability to resolve user struggles. 

It's Monday and 3 out of top 6 recommendation are German. It makes me consider other providers to see if they are able to deal with languages. And I would recommend that for all other users that have issue with unwanted languages in their Discover Weekly list.

Only other option is currently to manually browse Discover weekly and remove all German songs. Until they return back the next week. Sounds like a war against windmills. 

The Idea about "Ideas" is nice. Just have a look - somebody else has wanted to block certain genres and got rejected - it has happened just recently: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Ability-to-block-certain-Genres/idi-p/1415644#.

What's supposed to give me some hope that similar request would help? 

I really believe you can do better at Spotify.

broken discover weekly.png
SUGGESTED POSTS