Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to give Spotify Premium as a gift to a friend in an unlisted country? Can it be an extension of

How to give Spotify Premium as a gift to a friend in an unlisted country? Can it be an extension of

App won't download.App won't download.

Hi There,

I'm Canadian and I was recently in Bangladesh which does not currently have Spotify.  When I was there, it worked fine on my phone.  I have a friend there that I would like to give Spotify Premium as a gift.  I set up the account online, but the app won't download to my friend's phone sating that Spotify is not available. 

How do I give this amazing Spotify as a gift to my friend?  My work around would be to load up a device here and then mail it over.  Hopefully there's a better way!?

2 Replies

Hey @molnarjs

Spotify worked fine on your phone wile traveling because it is a feature of Spotify:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/travel-with-spotify/

Sorry, but it is currently not possible to gift Spotify Premium to someone in a different country from your own. Gift cards/ e-gift cards can only be redeemed in the country they are purchased in. Also, it is not possible to use Spotify in a country that is currently not supported. If the country is not supported, they will not be able to download the Spotify app from the app store.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/full-list-of-territories-w...

Spotify wants to be available in every single country, but unfortunately this cannot happen until Spotify makes an agreement with all of the record labels. Agreements have to be made on a per country basis.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm from the Philippines. I want to give my friend (who lives in the same country as me) a gift of a 1-year subscription. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Suggested posts