Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to keep same billing date?

Solved!

How to keep same billing date?

My billing date is 1st every mth. I would like to change to premium duo but how should I keep the same billing date? Any tips or recommendations to start my new plan? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kaiwenlim, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern.

Your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Premium Duo.

My recommendation if you still want your billing date to be on the first is to cancel your Premium, wait for your account to revert to Free - and then subscribe to Premium Duo on the date you want to be charged for the plan (that will be your new billing date).

More information on Premium Duo can be found at this Spotify Answer.

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kaiwenlim, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern.

Your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Premium Duo.

My recommendation if you still want your billing date to be on the first is to cancel your Premium, wait for your account to revert to Free - and then subscribe to Premium Duo on the date you want to be charged for the plan (that will be your new billing date).

More information on Premium Duo can be found at this Spotify Answer.

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks! What would be a clear indication that my account has reverted back to free? Should I login to the account page to verify on the 1st? 

Hey @kaiwenlim,

When you cancel your Premium, you'll still have your Premium features until your next billing date which is the 1st. 

You can check for the status of your subscription on your account overview page. On that page, you'll get your subscription status if it's on Spotify Free or Spotify Premium, as well as other tools to manage your account.

Another indication will be that you lost all of your Premium features, such as downloading music, listening ad-free, etc. 

I hope this clears things up. I'll be here if you have any further questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts