Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to merge old account playlist with new account

How to merge old account playlist with new account

Hi, 

I used to use spotify with different account (chillabeat) and had multiple playlists. 

I have created a new spotify account, found my old account playlists on search and have copied it to my new and current account. However, i realized that the playlist is still of the old account to which i no longer have an access of. 

How do i import my old account playlist to my new account? since i no longer use or have access of my old account, does the coppied playlist disappear after certain period of time? cant i just import all music from old account to my new account and not use it as a copy fearing tomorrow the account altogther with playlist will get erased? 

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey, @Sarvar 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

If you already copied the playlists and saved your songs on the new account, you don't have anything to worry about. You won't lose these playlists or songs, regardless of what happens on your old account.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Luan, 

The problem is, new songs that i want to add to playlist, i cant continue adding to my previous account saved playlist, but to a new playlist! hence, i would like to import all of my songs from previous saved playlist to my new account playlist so i could keep growing it and updating it. 

kind regards

Hey again, @Sarvar 

If you don't have access to your old account but are now using the new one, you need to add new songs to the playlist on your new account. Initially, when you mentioned you copied the playlist to the new account, I thought you had already created the new playlists on this one. 
In this case, you can find more information about how to easily copy your public playlist from your old account to the new one here in this FAQ article:

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts