Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to permanently change the country of my account?

Solved!

How to permanently change the country of my account?

Plan: Premium Duo

Device: Iphone SE & PlayStation 4

Operating System: Iphone SE & PlayStation 4

My Question or Issue

I and my brother live in Chile, At that time, when opening an account and setting up payment, we accidentally set the country to Taiwan. It has been several years since we used a Taiwan account to pay. But last month, I changed to Premium Duo to join my brother, due to we were both in Chile, and we couldn't successfully join my brother to Premium Duo, which caused a lot of difficulties. Therefore, I need to change the Taiwan account to the Chile account forever so that there will be no more problems. But I have tried many times without success, can you please help me? If that doesn't work, couldn't add my brother to Premium Duo, I will consider leaving the Spotify service for a few months until I can switch accounts in Chile country., Wait your comments, thank you, regards, Brayan Huang

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BrayanHuang,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome 🙂

If you want to change your country or region while your account is on Premium, you'll need to update your payment method to the one that's issued there. To do it, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
  3. Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region (in this case Chile).

The changes will take effect from your next billing date. 

You can also cancel your subscription and once your account is in free service, you can change the country or region settings by following the steps in this article. Take into account the new country or region only shows when you’re actually there.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @BrayanHuang,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome 🙂

If you want to change your country or region while your account is on Premium, you'll need to update your payment method to the one that's issued there. To do it, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
  3. Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region (in this case Chile).

The changes will take effect from your next billing date. 

You can also cancel your subscription and once your account is in free service, you can change the country or region settings by following the steps in this article. Take into account the new country or region only shows when you’re actually there.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank youvery much Ale for help!

Suggested posts