Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to permanently delete my Spotify account???

How to permanently delete my Spotify account???

I used to have Spotify Premium for a few months (starting earlier this year around March I believe), but as work got busy, I realized I didn't use Spotify as much anymore. My last real payment was in August.

Just a few days ago, I was on my online bank statements & noticed a charge for $9.99 from a "Ady*Spotify USA 646-8375380", which I thought was strange since I had discontinued my subscription back in August. I looked for ways to delete it on the Spotify website to no avail, the Contact Form is incredibly unhelpful and only sends me through a loophole of links that lead me back to the Contact Form where I started and I get no real answer when I even try to find it through Google search. None of the forums don't really seem to help either unless I get an actual person behind a computer screen.

On top of that, I got curious since I saw people talking about MULTIPLE charges from the same account, so I went back through past bank statements and compared them to my Spotify receipt. The last charge I had from Spotify, according to the receipt, was August 15, but my bank statements say otherwise; I've been getting charged by this "Ady*Spotify" thing on the same day for MONTHS, starting when I first got Premium. So I was getting charged $9.99 TWICE during my subscription, & quite frankly, I don't feel comfortable with Spotify having access to my account AND my Facebook (since that's how I signed up to Spotify to begin with).

So is there a way I can get in contact with someone or find ANY KIND OF ANSWER as to how to delete my Spotify account permanently? On top of just simply not using the application anymore, I'm absolutely mystified as to how I got charged twice all this time & I want nothing to do with this application anymore. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

So far, I am getting the impression Spotify doesn't care about people wanting to delete their Spotify accounts permanently. It even has terribly lazy customer service that doesn't answer people on time. Also, it has a track record of charging people at bad times. So, some people have to call their card companies to stop having charges being made on their accounts. They do that instead of trying to reason with Spotify's already not so great customer satisfaction service. I recommend you to tell your friends about Spotify being one of those music services that really traps you once you have a Facebook account.

Suggested posts