Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove Facebook / Friend activity?

How to remove Facebook / Friend activity?

Plan: Premium

Device: Any desktop app, all platforms.

I can see "Friend activity" even Spotify is NOT connected to Facebook. Screenshot attached as proof. This happens on both Linux and Mac, I assume people who used to be my Facebook friends also see whenever I'm online in Spotify and what I am playing.

I _do not_ have Facebook anymore, or had for years, but there seems to be no way to fully disconnect FB even FB account itself is gone. *Also this account is NOT registered through Facebook*, but sometime in the past I did connect to it.

No option in the UI or web settings affects this, I can still see people in friends feed, and probably they can also spy me, including people I don't want to even know I'm alive.

What to do?

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 8.43.26.png
7 Replies

Hey @daimoni check out this guide created by a fellow user on how to disconnect your facebook account from your spotify account. 

I have and I just included screenshot to prove it is NOT connected to Facebook and Facebook account doesn't even exist anymore! Yet friend feed shows, this is kind of privacy/security bug in my opinion because people likely see me still on spotify even they should not!

And please READ what my problem really is. 

Just to hopefully prevent more answers that do not relate to the problem, lets try to make it even simplier:

- I DO NOT HAVE FACEBOOK

- SPOTIFY IS NOT CONNECTED TO FACEBOOK

- YET I SEE THE FRIENDS FEED AND OLD FACEBOOK FRIENDS, AND THEY LIKELY SEE ME, WHICH I DO NOT WANT.

How is this possible?! I see it as bad privacy bug!

I very support this bug, I'm connected to facebook, but I see old friend's activity whom i'm not friend anymore with on facebook. This is a privacy flaw, please fix it

You can:

- Hide the "friends activity" display panel by disabling "Preferences > Display > See what your friends are playing"

- Ensure friends can't see what you're doing on Spotify by disabling "Preferences > Social > Share my listening activity on Spotify"

Seems like its practicably impossible to get Spotify to forget the "friends" that it has previously loaded via Facebook. But, maybe, if you're feeling spicy, as an EU resident you can GDPR them: https://gdpr.eu/right-to-erasure-request-form/

Thank you! 😄 - Been trying to figure that for ages

Thankyou!

Suggested posts