Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to set preferences so facebook doesn't annouce every song I listen to

How to set preferences so facebook doesn't annouce every song I listen to

Hello!

Is there a way of setting the preferences so that Facebook doesn't announce on their homepage everytime I listen to a new song? I've just had a complaint from a friend saying they are sick of reading about the new song I have just listened to on Spotify. I can't blame them as I've been listening to loads since I joined at the start of the month. I still want spotify to show up on my profile with most listened to song, artist, and album, but what I don't want is for it to keep flashing up every time I listen to a new song!

Thanks for any help,

Chris.

4 Replies

There is no option to do that, because Spotify's Facebook features are designed to spam your friends to expose the service further.

However, your friend can do this inside Facebook. Your friend needs to find a Spotify spam post on his/her news feed, click the small down arrow at the upper right corner of the post and choose "Hide all by Spotify".

Right I see. Thanks for that. And is it true that every song I listen to will show up on the home page, or is it just every so many?

I don't know how Facebook generates news feed posts. I've seen "Friend has listened to Artist on Spotify" and I've also seen "Friend has listened to the playlist 'songs' on Spotify".

All songs you listen to have a chance to show up on these annoying updates. If everything is working correctly, they should also be on your profile.

I don't mind them being on my profile but if everyone is going to keep getting updates of which songs I have just listened to (to the point that someone has actually complained to me about it) I might just have to unclick the "show what I listen to on Facebook" in my preferences on Spotify. This would be a shame as it would no longer be linked to FB but as there doesn't appear to be asolution to my problem I think that is what I will do. Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts