Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Howto remove an email after I did delete my facebook account

Solved!

Howto remove an email after I did delete my facebook account

Hello,

Back in times, I did create a free spotify account with my facebook account. Recently I chose to delete my facebook account. But the email seems to remain linked to the spotify account.

Then today, I wanted to have a Spotify Premium activated (familly). The problem is I cannot create a Spotify account with this email, because it shows it is used already. But I cannot login with this email either because I cannot have a Facebook session up.

So I did create a new Spotify account with anoter email I have, which is fine to me.

My question is : how could I have the previous account with the old email completely removed from spotify? (just digital hygiene, if you ask)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@rvuong_spotify

Ok, in that case, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @rvuong_spotify

You need to login to this site with your old Facebook credentials. This will effectively reactivate your Facebook.

Then, you need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. Be sure to see you're logged in with the right account to close.

After it's done, you'll be free to deactivate your Facebook again (for good).

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello osornios, and thank you for helping,

It seems I can not login to facebook anymore, thus reactivating my account, because I had it deleted for too long now.

Therefore I can not follow your instructions.

Regards

Marked as solution

@rvuong_spotify

Ok, in that case, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

The support @SpotifyCares did solve my problem after I asked them via twitter.

Thanks for answering.

Suggested posts