Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I CAN'T LOG IN AND AM ABOUT TO CANCEL MY PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

I CAN'T LOG IN AND AM ABOUT TO CANCEL MY PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP

I'm so fed up. I can see my real account, (the one I am posting on is not mine,) from other spotify accounts, and know it exists with the correct username. I have been premium for about a year and have had problems before. Quite frankly I'm fed up with Spotify. 

Anyways, I'm able to log into my account on my lap top for (literally) 3 seconds, before I'm kicked out with a notification saying my "username or password is incorrect". Obviously, that's not right, as it let me into the account for a few seconds. When I try to reset my password, it tells me that my username is not connected with an active spotify account. Again, lies.

The account that needs to be fixed is named: coopermehrmann

Thanks to anyone who wants to help, because I know Spotify's terrible customer service won't!

7 Replies

Hey @cwmehrmann,

Thanks for posting to the community. I'm really sorry that you're having these issues, and I hope that we can get this resolved. 

First of all, have you tried logging into the account through the Spotify Web Player? I'd suggest you use Google Chrome in incognito mode.

Let me know if that works, or if it doesn't, and from there we can get this sorted out!

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Tim,

It didn't help. When I log in with a wrong password, it gives me a message of saying it's the wrong password or username, but when I log in with the RIGHT password it gives me the message "oops, something went wrong". I can tell when I use the right password because it does this every time. 

Thanks for getting back to me @cwmehrmann! Does there happen to be a related error code, like 3 or 912? Something like that?

Another thing: Have you tried resetting your password?

I have the same problem. I cant open my account not even trough facebook or through the forgot youre password dot. And when I try to make a new account he says this email is already takrn. Please help 

Hey @Najla1,

Can you too try and login through the Spotify Web Player (preferable using Google Chrome in Incognito Mode) for me, and let me know if that works? Did you create your original account using the email that you're trying to register a new account with?

If you've tried to reset your password, it may take a few minutes to get an email to arrive. It's also a good idea to use an email adress instead of your username when requesting a password reset so you know it's going to a certain email adress.

Let me know if anything happens, or if you're still stuck,

Tim

Not when I log in using the web browser. Just says "an unknown error occured". When I log in on my phone, it says 3, and 405. 

This seems really odd. The error code 3 means that there's an issue with your login details.

I think it's best at the moment for you to hit up the folks over at Spotify Support. You can leave them a note here. It might be a good idea to link them to this conversation.

Cheers,
Tim

Suggested posts