Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Disables Facebook, but now my "name" is a bunch of numbers. Is there a way to change this?

I Disables Facebook, but now my "name" is a bunch of numbers. Is there a way to change this?

If it requires setting up a new account and then having my playlists transferred, ill do that, but I would really like to have my account name not be an 11 digit number.

2 Replies

Hi there @waxton,

thanks for posting !

Please make sure to read and follow the instructions on this help page for further actions.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi there @waxton,

Thanks for asking about this! 

Just to confirm- the username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed.

If you create a new account, a username consisting of numbers and letters will be created automatically. This is happening out of security reasons.

You will also have a display name. This is what all users will see when they come across your account. You can choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up

If you wish to have a different username, you must create a new account and you can transfer all of your music to it. You can read more about it here.

Don't forget to cancel your subscription on your previous account and subscribe to Premium on the new account. If you have subscribed to Spotify through a partner of ours, you must reach out to them so they can fix this for you. 

We hope this sheds light onto the subject. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts