Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Messed Up My Spotify Accounts with Facebook

I Messed Up My Spotify Accounts with Facebook

Both my mom and I have Facebook accounts in our household. Mine was created with my Facebook account while hers is just a plain old email and password account (she does not have Facebook). We have an iPad in the kitchen, and her Spotify was logged in and my Facebook account was logged in on the same device. Well, I accidentally hit the "Connect with Facebook" button in the Friends tab of the Spotify iPad app while logged in with her account, and now I cannot log into my Spotify account because it connects my Facebook login information to her Spotify account. Is there any way I can unlink my Facebook account from her Spotify account so I can get my Spotify account back? I tried these instructions but all that did is make is so my Facebook name appears in the upper right of the desktop application instead of her account name.

16 Replies

I have a very similar problem , please , we need support , any tecnic supp of spotify who can help us?

I put in a support request, I'll update this thread when I hear back from them.

Yeah , i also put in a support request , and they help me to recover my old playlist , but i also need recover my old songs/artist/albums saved.

Good to hear. Did you get access to the original playlist (i.e. you could still edit your old playlist) or were you just able to see all the songs so you could make a new playlist?

Hello!

Have you used the contact form?

Reply to the no-reply e-mail which you'll get, this will speed up the process of your case getting sorted. 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Yeah I used the contact form but I didn't know about replying to the email. I'm doing that now, thanks for the tip!

No , i dont get acces to the original playlist , this able just to see the songs and playlist but no like be mine, and im still without my songs/artist/albums saved , they said will help  me with this

Oh ok, that's exactly where I'm at right now as well.

Replying to it speeds up the process because they use the no-reply e-mail to try and lower their spam. 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Sneaky haha

All they were able to do for me was move my old playlists over and delete my old account, I was not able to get access to my old account unfortunately 😞

Hello!

I'm terribly sorry to hear this news. Overall are you still happy with the Spotify experience? 🙂

Absolutely! This is the only bad thing I've had happen with Spotify so far, and it was my fault haha. Yeah I wish I could've gotten access to my account again but it's no big deal, I still have all my music which was what I was most worried about 🙂 and thank you for the help!

Everyone makes mistakes! I'm glad that your happy with Spotify! 🙂

If you need any more help, then dont hesitate to ask!

Will do, thanks!

How did it turn out?

Suggested posts