Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am being charged $10.00 for a Spotify free account!! I don't even have premium!!

I am being charged $10.00 for a Spotify free account!! I don't even have premium!!

I am being charged 10$ for a premium account I don't have! I need a refund from the past 2 months ! Someone help this is not cool I am up to the neck in school loans and medical bills I cannot be charged for this - this is very poor service. Very dissapointed in Spotify and there is no # to call! Help!

Eri
14 Replies

Hi Eri,

If you are been charged without having the premium privileges there might be a synchronization issue. This might help you.

On the other hand, if you no longer want to have a premium account, you just have to go to your account settings and unsuscribe or cancel your premium suscription. That can be done here.

There's a chance that you might being charged without having the premium account status in Sporify. You could check if anybody else used your credit card to pay a premium account and if not, fill the form offered by Spotify. See this link https://support.spotify.com/ec/problems/#!/article/double-payment-credited

Also, you can always talk to your credit card issuer to block that payment.

Hope it helps, greetings.

Hi,

This really doesn't help, I dont even have a premium account all I did was sign up for the 30 day free trial and I have been getting charged for a free account with no premium free trial. Can I please get my free subscription cancelled and a refund of being charged for april and may?? I have the bank statements to prove

- Erin
##- please type your reply above this line -##

Erin,

Did you try any of the possible solutions I just gave you? You have to try them one by one according to your situation. Remember that when you sign up for free trial, you register your CC data and get the announce from Spotify that you will be charged once the trial time is over. Try going to your account settings and cancel your suscription here, or use the form I mentioned before.

"If you are been charged without having the premium privileges there might be a synchronization issue.This might help you.

On the other hand, if you no longer want to have a premium account, you just have to go to your account settings and unsuscribe or cancel your premium suscription. That can be done here.

There's a chance that you might being charged without having the premium account status in Sporify. You could check if anybody else used your credit card to pay a premium account and if not, fill the form offered by Spotify. See this link https://support.spotify.com/ec/problems/#!/article/double-payment-credited

Also, you can always talk to your credit card issuer to block that payment."

Are you kidding ? Possible solution s! They are not solutions! This is fraudulent activity that is being done by Spotify - charging someone for a premium acct who doesn't even have one and continues to charge them - greedy corporate company who doesn't give a **bleep** when they **bleep** people over hence that they don't even have a customer service number! This company is **bleep**ed and I will get justice! Also I try to cancel my Spotify free acct and guess what?? Spotify won't let me because they are "doing maintenance" on the subscription page and you cannot edit your subscription at this time. I have contacted my bank and they are doing a fraudulent activity investigation against Spotify. And I will cancel the darn account. Maybe try admitting that Spotify is the one at fault here because obviously people are getting **bleep**ed over by getting charged for Spotify free or getting charged twice a month. I have heard so may complaints about y'all.

##- please type your reply above this line -##

Stop right there buddy, FYI this is not a Spotify's support page or anything similar, as the URL states it's a COMMUNITY, we people here are just trying to help others, we're user as you are, so don't react that way like if it was my/our fault. I understand your complain but don't be rude with people who only wants to help you, that speaks really bad of you as person. I gave you directions for where to contact Spotify directly, and if you don't want to use it, then don't! it's your decision. Have a good day.

If you login to your account through the Spotify website, go to your payment information and delete your details, That way you will stop them from charging you.

After that, contact Spotify support and ask for help on those charges through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

You'll receive an automated message first, reply to that message to get to a live person.

They'll help you out.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I have been told 5 times already to go to the subscription page on my
account through the spotify website and cancel my subscription but there is
absolutely no cancellation link? why is this? is it because I have spotify
free? why can I not cancel my subscription? I do not want to support this
business and want to cancel my subscription immediately! Is there
absolutely no way to cancel it? Because I have looked over 30 times on my
spotify account and cannot find that option anywhere.

Erin

Hello Erin, thanks for reaching out!

This sounds odd. When you got charged, did you get an email receipt? If you did, make sure that you are signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details. It could be that you have accidentally created a second account - one account with a Spotify username, the other created and linked to your Facebook profile. Try logging in with each to access your Premium.

Let me know how this worked!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Yep, looks like you could have a duplicate account, because if you're Free, there's nothing to cancel. and you shouldn't be getting any charges.

You're obviously getting charged for something you're not using, so the first step is to find out in which account you're getting charged. Like @KatesHere mentioned, try to look for a receipt in your emails, and you'll find the account information that you need.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

same thing happened to me! Spotify still has not contacted me back.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you: I 've made wrongly a subscription on the 28/4 and I cancelled at the same time, however my telephone company charge me. My phone number is (snip for security reasons) . I want my refund.

That's what the poorly service from Spotify give me, I don't want the refund anymore I just cancelled my subscription for good after being treated as an embecil by them. 

Thanks Spotify 

Hey there @Pissclient and welcome to the community!

If you subscribed through another service for Premium, you should get in touch with them to cancel your subscription...

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I already tried that they sent me to this community.

Honey I understand what you are saying. I am a grandmother and I am guessing one of my grandchildren or their friends use my name and all to set up a so called FREE account with this Spotify and this month my bank account is in overdrawn because of this racked company. In my day (and it should be today) Free means FREE.  I live on a fixed income and I am MAD!!!!! So I been on line trying to find a phone number and home to get off this crappy site and they have not heard the last from me as of yet.. I hope you can get it worked out .. I was able to close the so called FREE account out and block my bank account from them taking anymore money. But don't look like I will be getting any of my much needed money back. 

From a Pissed Off Grandmother

Suggested posts