Free

Country

Currently in S Korea but, usually in the USA

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

OS X El Capitan (ver. 10.11.6

My Question or Issue

Spotify was working fine until around an hour ago. Spotify logged me out on my laptop (and phone). When I tried to log in, it would log in for less than a second before logging me out and showing me the screen attatched. I also tried logging back into Spotify on my phone but it would also log me out right away. I've checked my firewall and my firewall was turned off. I've also checked my proxy settings and it is on Auto detect. As a last resort I tried to reinstall it on my laptop, but the same thing happens. What can I do to fix this? Would this have to do anything with me being in S Korea instead of the USA? (Spotify has been working normally in S Korea until an hour ago)

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 8.33.37 AM.png
3 Replies

Since firewall is an antivirus system. It might be thinking Spotify is a virus. Obviously it’s not, now If you have a Mac all you need to do search on the search bar for firewall once you find it, all you need to do is open firewall click the left corner and you might have to put in your account under and password. One you log in click advance and you’ll find the security box. After click the plus symbol and check what is blocked if Spotify is on the security box just tap it and simply unblock it. I hope this works!

My firewall is turned off

Hey @reccosrx1, welcome to the Spotify Community!

First, keep in mind that Spotify is not supported in South Korea at the moment.

Now, remember that if you use Spotify on the Free service, you won't be able to use it on a different country to the one registered in your account for more than 14 days. In that case, you'll need to wait until you go back to the US in order to access your account. 

Let us know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts